How do you black out - blackout the frame?

Audiomaker

Registered
Hi All,

A new to me busa is headed my way shortly. I wasn't able to get a color combo that I liked (this one is blue/silver), but the rest of the bike and the price set the deal.

I really like the Darth Vader look... all blacked out or carbon fiber....or a mix.

Thing is, I can trade out, or have the fairings painted, and have most of the removable parts powered coated, but what about the (currently polished) frame?

It's only a personal preference, but I think the frame really disrupts the lines of the bike, especially on darker colors so I'd like it to be black.

I don't have the time or experience to tear the bike down to the frame for powerdercoat so....????

Many Thanks for any input!

Sean
P.S. I might not be able to respond to this since for some reason I still cannot reply to threads...only make them...LOL, so thanks much in advance :)

Hi All,

A new to me busa is headed my way shortly. I wasn't able to get a color combo that I liked (this one is blue/silver), but the rest of the bike and the price set the deal.

I really like the Darth Vader look... all blacked out or carbon fiber....or a mix.

Thing is, I can trade out, or have the fairings painted, and have most of the removable parts powered coated, but what about the (currently polished) frame?

It's only a personal preference, but I think the frame really disrupts the lines of the bike, especially on darker colors so I'd like it to be black.

I don't have the time or experience to tear the bike down to the frame for powerdercoat so....????

Many Thanks for any input!

Sean
P.S. I might not be able to respond to this since for some reason I still cannot reply to threads...only make them...LOL, so thanks much in advance :)

have you thought about frame covers...im looking into buying a pair for my bike, they also come in carbin fiber...:thumbsup:

they have frame covers in paintable, black, black chrome and carbon fiber. Im in the process of painting my bike so my swingarm rearsets etc are at the powdercoater right now and frame covers will be painted with the bike, they are easy to put on and the prefinished ones are around $180. Do not buy the kuryakyn they suck

they have frame covers in paintable, black, black chrome and carbon fiber. Im in the process of painting my bike so my swingarm rearsets etc are at the powdercoater right now and frame covers will be painted with the bike, they are easy to put on and the prefinished ones are around $180. Do not buy the kuryakyn they suck

Good advice except... which one's should I buy then...and where?

Thanks!
Sean

i just checked with Balls Z and they were out, :banghead: some are on back order...i found another company, im waiting for reply to see if they have any in stock and price wise....i'll let you know as soon as i find out. :thumbsup:

most of the covers are made by the same guy, he makes the ones that ball z carries, i was going to start being a retailer but he sucks at communication. Check with ball z they can usually get what you need.

Back