Little help from someone who would know...

Malta

Registered
Hello all have had my busa for a season and a half up here in canada love riding it. Somtimes i turn into that guy who enjoys the throttel too much but who doesnt. i have decided to sell the bike to put it towards a downpayment on a house. However I am getting conflicting info on how much i should sell it for it's 2010 with 3053 Km on it or 4885 miles. I put it up initialy for $13500 so i would have room to deal the 2008's up here are going for between $8000 and $8500. I have seen one other 2010 for sale ( company sale) for $12999 with about 5000km or 8000 miles. so i figured i would drop my price to around $12000. One person has contacted me telling me my bike is priced way too high and that i should price it at $9000 . So after that entire speal do i have my bike priced right or to high is this guy offering me $9000 right ? please help have some pick's of the bike on here as well ( i hope )

DSCF0189.jpg

DSCF0190.jpg

DSCF0191.jpg

DSCF0192.jpg

DSCF0193.jpg

DSCF0194.jpg

DSCF0195.jpg

Re: Info about my bike

If you sell it for 9200 you should take the money and run!!!
Its almost 3 yrs old and has 5K miles on it. Never see 10K+

Re: Info about my bike

Nada wouldn't show for 2010 but for 09 they show :

Pricing Suggested List Price Low Retail Average Retail
Base Price $13,199 $9,260 $12,190

Of course it'll depend on your area and going by NADA your not that far off on your pricing. Just gonna be lucky to even get a low retail price on something that new when you can actually buy a brand new 11/12 one for less than they say a average used is worth. And roll up with cash and I'm sure you can beat these prices.

2011 Hayabusa NEW

2012 Hayabusa NEW

Sure, you still have to pay tags/taxes on those new prices but so does the buyer on the used one too.

welcome to the org and i think 9k is a good price for you, like the guys above said they are buying ones for the price here in the states and if i remember correctly your money is worth more than ours right now lol

I don't know how prices are in canada. But, I've heard everything is more expensive up there.

What I'm curious about is your conversion from kilometers to miles. Aren't 3000 kilometers more like 1860 miles ?

I have seen Gen IIs listed/bought/sold for under $8,000. Good luck selling.

Buddys in ALBERTA CANADA.USED bUSAS GO FOR A LOT MORE UP HERE.cORRECT ON THE KMS TO MILES CONVERSION,YOU HAVE IT BACKWARDS SELLER.i LOOK AT PRICES ALL THE TIME AND i WOULD RECOMMEND YOU ASK 9900.00 AND SETTLE FOR SOMETHING CLOSE.Good luck with the sale.Sorry about the capitols but I didn't want to retype everything. :)

You actually have 1900 miles on your bike. This is Canada, prices don't compare to the USA, we pay more. That bike would sell between 10 and 13K here in Ontario.

I kinda agree with mikbusa. I have about 16000 miles on my 2010 and I would be expecting around 9000. However I know that there were a few 2010s brand new at about 11,500 to 12,000 when I last checked. I saw a 2009, last year in April, selling for 9500 out of the crate near peterborough, ON. Hope you find a buyer.
My suggestion is find out what suzuki of newmarket is charging for a 2011 if they have it in stock and price yours appropriately. Cheers mate.

edit: My bad. I'm not sure where you're located but I assumed that you were in Ontario in my response. Based on where you are the price could vary.

Back