Ceramic coating!!

07vigorblue

Donating Member
Registered
With my carbon R77 on the way I think it would look bad ass with all the bluing of the titanium showing instead of the silver coating that is in it. So does anybody know how to remove ceramic coating:laugh:

I don't really get what he's asking either.. You ceramic coated your Ti header, and now you want to remove it? Is that the question?

If so, I don't think you are getting it off..

With my carbon R77 on the way I think it would look bad ass with all the bluing of the titanium showing instead of the silver coating that is in it. So does anybody know how to remove ceramic coating:laugh:

Old info from another forum, might be some leads in it.
Good luck!

might try a place that alkaline dips...

theres a place in Evansville Indiana called Redi-Strip that is about the best ive seen at stripping things to bare metal.. he uses an alkaline solution and an electrical charge.. might give him a call and check, the guy knows his stuff... i would try the dipping,especially since the retard left the studs in the manifolds, the dipping might help loosen them up some.

theres also a place in Bowling Green Ky that titanium, and ceramic coats, i'm sure they would know what you could do.. i've never used this place but i've heard severa; say good things about it. Western Kentucky Powder Coating

Why are we worried about ceramic coatings anyway? Isn't there a certain "smokin' hot" person we are supposed to be photographing? :dunno:

Why are we worried about ceramic coatings anyway? Isn't there a certain "smokin' hot" person we are supposed to be photographing? :dunno:

I told you I will when the bike is back on the road. Should have all my parts in this week and all panels are at the body shop except tail fairing and it should be here by Friday. Hopefully be back on the road no later than 2 weeks from Friday :moon:

I told you I will when the bike is back on the road. Should have all my parts in this week and all panels are at the body shop except tail fairing and it should be here by Friday. Hopefully be back on the road no later than 2 weeks from Friday :moon:

R77 is polished stainless, not Ti. Also not coated unless they changed it ???

Back