Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By kromdom
  • 1 Post By dadofthree

Thread: gen II o2 sensor

Default gen II o2 sensor

just wanted to know where the o2 sensor is actually located in the gen II?
    previous bikes owned; 1998 ninja 600, 2000 gsxr 750, 2000 cbr 929rr , 2011 hayabusa (current)

nothing starts the next chapter in your life like a new hayabusa

Hayabusa Immortal Ludicrous Speed's Avatar

Default Re: gen II o2 sensor

It plugs in under the clutch cover, and I believe it is in the crossover pipe

2009 White/Blue Brocks CT1, ECU reflashing, airshifter, Black chromed, HIDs, some other minor goodies
    2000 Blue and Silver- wrecked project bike "FrankenBusa"
    2004 Black and Purple 5.99 @129mph 1/8th mile TOTALLED BY AN UNINSURED PUNK KID!

wannabe HOON

Quote Originally Posted by Ludicrous Speed View Post
    I believe it is in the crossover pipe
    Correct-a-mundo As you're seated on the bike, the O2 sensor will be near your RIGHT LEG (see pics below). First one shows the connector, the 2nd shows the port on the stock headers)
    Attached Images Attached Images    

I made fun of the panties, now I have them :(

Another shot of it hanging down. Screws into the hole in the exhaust pipe you can see in the preceding pictures sort of like a spark plug.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I've used 9 of my 9 lives so far!

so if its there, its not affected when you put a slip on exhaust correct? how would it mess up the air fuel ratio? sorry for the noob question but i want to get megaphone style slip ons but dont want to mess up the air to fuel ratio.. I dont have the extra $$ right now for the power commander and the custom map. I know people are saying u really dont need one but i dont really wanna mess up the air to fuel ratio at all. ive been torn about this for a while now.
    previous bikes owned; 1998 ninja 600, 2000 gsxr 750, 2000 cbr 929rr , 2011 hayabusa (current)

wannabe HOON

should be no reason to be anywhere near the O2 sensor when doing slip-ons only. and YES, your bike will run fine with the stock tune after adding slip-ons (hundreds of Busa owners have been doing this , myself included )
    dadofthree likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kromdom View Post
    should be no reason to be anywhere near the O2 sensor when doing slip-ons only. and YES, your bike will run fine with the stock tune after adding slip-ons.
    yes i am aware of that my question was if im not doing anything to the o2 sensor how does adding a slip on megaphone exhaust mess with my air fuel ratio?

wannabe HOON

Quote Originally Posted by jumbojimbo View Post
    how does adding a slip on megaphone exhaust mess with my air fuel ratio?
    not an expert but the stock tune is able to compensate for the slip-ons and will adjust the AFR accordingly. hopefully, guys with more tech experience/knowldge than me will chime in soon.

Seasoned Beef

Not A Mechanic Or A Tuner. Slip-Ons will not significantly affect your tune. The Gen II can handle it.

To your question : Mine is located as indicated in the pix provided, but on my garage floor for the past 4 years
    jumbojimbo likes this.
    Robert

Hayabusa Immortal

Images

Correct, the minimal amount of air flow will be compensated for, it won't be perfect or optimal as if you were tuning it, but close enough.

"never sweat the petty things" RIP and Ride on # 58

Follow Me on Twitter @cheferman65

Quote Originally Posted by cheferman65 View Post
    Correct, the minimal amount of air flow will be compensated for, it won't be perfect or optimal as if you were tuning it, but close enough.
    thank u very much