Ever Have One Of Those Days Where..?

HillbillyTom

Donating Member
Registered
You just couldn't quite get your ride together?
Was like that for me this morning. Went down through one of my favorite twisties roads, and everything was distracting. Started before I even left when I checked the chain slack and found it had increased about 5mm in the last 600 miles (chain/sprockets time maybe). Couldn't get that out of my head. Squirrels, I counted at least 25 squirrels running around in the road. One large Ground Hog, 2 deer, cars turning into drive ways where there has never been a car turning in before, etc.. So many distractions taking up my dollars worth of attention (Keith Code phrase) that I felt about 25 cents behind the game all morning. No real problems, no close calls even, just couldn't completely relax and let it fly. Worked 6 days this week, so it may just simply be that I'm tired.
Anybody else ever have days like this?

Yep, every once in a while I have a day where I feel like I just can't ride at all.
Eventually I just turn around and go home...before I prove myself right:laugh:

for me i can go out by myself and push things hard and ride excellent but for some reason when im with a group my anxiety kicks in and i dont ride anywhere near my ability

I love riding in fast groups. Coupla years ago I was riding with several of the local sport bike guys (oldest one was an easy 20 years younger than me :laugh:), and could usually hang with the front 4. Was nice having someone clear the road ahead of me so I didn't always have to be wishing for X-ray vision to see what was around the blind corners (which they almost all are here). But now, they've all moved away, got married, lost jobs and sold bikes, etc.., so I'm back to riding by myself all the time. Very, (VERY) seldom ever even see another sport bike out in the twisties now.
As for Hayabusa people, forget it. The few that are here, all have extended swingarms, and refuse to leave the city limits of Springfield.:(

I love riding in fast groups. Coupla years ago I was riding with several of the local sport bike guys (oldest one was an easy 20 years younger than me :laugh:), and could usually hang with the front 4. Was nice having someone clear the road ahead of me so I didn't always have to be wishing for X-ray vision to see what was around the blind corners (which they almost all are here). But now, they've all moved away, got married, lost jobs and sold bikes, etc.., so I'm back to riding by myself all the time. Very, (VERY) seldom ever even see another sport bike out in the twisties now.
As for Hayabusa people, forget it. The few that are here, all have extended swingarms, and refuse to leave the city limits of Springfield.:(
The clubs in my area are pretty cool, we usually have a smaller group (just the way I like it) and when I ride with them I do the busa proud. I also like my solo rides tho too.....I can dictate my own schedule that way. On days I know my heads not in the game I don't even get on the bike. When I do ride solo anymore I always take music, which seems to instantly put me in the zone :thumbsup:

That would suck to have that many distractions is such a short time....Regroup and try another day..Take Care

Wow, I'm impressed with the number of you that actually listen to your inter voice. I really need to work on that one :laugh: Glad you made it home to write about it.

Sometimes things just seem to click, and the ride just flows.

Other times I feel I'm riding badly, I don't know why this happens, just seem to get the jitters somehow, and feel uncomfortable.

I found out that when I'm tired mentally (not physically) I tend to focus closer to the front of the bike and that makes everything seem more rushed. I usually stop and get a drink then try to focus on looking (and thinking) further out in front of me and that usually fixes it and I loose that nervous feeling you get when you're not right. If that doesn't do it turn around and go home. It's possible all those obstructions got you too focuses on right in front of the front wheel. I actually figured this out playing video games. If you focus on what is going on right in front of you it takes way more quickness to keep up.

Back