Would you use this caliper seal?

BigBadDodge

Registered
Few weeks ago i picked up a light squel in my front end, replaced the pads since i had a new set ready and mine were almost done anyway, didnt solve the problem. Havent been riding much so yesterday i heard it, didnt start until the first initial good squeeze of the lever. So took it out this afternoon around the neighborhood, got it squeeling and home real quick, lifted the front end and noticed the front tire was real hard to free spin, pulled clutch side caliper and it got a little easier, pulled right and the wheel seems like it will spin forever!!(Makes me happy as i was hoping the new bearings i just did this spring werent trashed already) Rotors check out good and true so i decided to break down the calipers for a good cleaning.

Appears i found my problem!!! All the interior seals of the caliper are in great shape(around the piston)
The Outer seals? are in great shape besides needing a cleaning except one which appears it might have got pulled into the bore, it isnt torn or damaged just isnt totally straight in one spot, with a good cleaning and brake fluid around it upon putting the pistons back in will that one straighten out? Or should i just go buy a new one? Only reason i ask is my local dealer tends to not stock ANYTHING i ever need for the bike (i literally had to have new brake pad retainer pins "special ordered") The pistons and calipers are going to get a real good cleaning as they definitely need it!

Im going to call and see if they have em anyway in the morning, might try a few other dealers despite the next closest being about 30 miles out, if someone stocks em i will replace, whats everyone think? I'm leaning towards no! Pics are of both sides of the seal
caliper.jpg

calipe1r.jpg

Nope, definitely replace. It is 25 bucks per caliper from Honda east justin. Cheapest I found anywhere. I am completely re-doing all of mine though even though the seals look good.

This is a brake part, NEVER use a part when it is in question. Just my $.02

except one which appears it might have got pulled into the bore, it isnt torn or damaged just isnt totally straight in one spot. whats everyone think? I'm leaning towards no!

Looks like you already found the answer to your question :thumbsup:

Not for me,i would for sure change it as it's out of shape and safety matters cant be compromise in anyway

And low and behold did any of my local dealers stock the seals, hell i would have bought the entire piston kit had they had that in stock, of course not so i ordered it from honda east this morning. 31.95 a side opposed to the 58.99 a side my dealer wanted:banghead::banghead:

Getting really tired of sitting around waiting on parts, and constantly having to work on the bike, the urge to sell it and supercharge the stang continues to get stronger!

i can tell you the prices through justin as i have the receipt in front of me lol i just ordered mine and got them yesterday

Back