Biker arrested for no clear reason

O He is a real bad ass hit someone while in cuffs. What a joke. I hope this ass loses his job over that crap

Ok, I see this one will be called cop bashing b4 it even starts.

But anyone with any sense is gonna agree that the ONLY reason the so called tag violation was brought up AFTER he got back out the of the car was because he wanted the card from the camera to see what he could find. Why did he get pulled over? Well the cop clearly said in the beginning it was because he was with the big group and he was gonna take the camera for evidence against crimes committed. No where did he say anything about a tag, and besides where do they lock you up for a tag violation? HeII you can get pulled over for no tag and all they give is a ticket if that, of course unless bike is checked and comes back stolen or something, but then I don't see those stopping anyhow.

And what was the first thing he tried to do, get the helmet off just so he could have camera no doubt. Even at the end what did he do? WHY did the camera need to be taken off the helmet? Didn't, sorry but that's just evidence of some sorry azz cop(not saying all just that one in peticular) using the badge/blurring the law to get what they want. And if the slam into the backseat and then obviously slamming the door onto a leg or arm when it bounced back open wasn't brutality what was it?

What a joke. No not all cops are like this and I'm not trying to imply they are before I get called a cop basher AGAIN for something so blatantly obvious. And then when you see that most law enforcement(NOT ALL AGAIN) put you in THAT category when riding a sportbike and we all know we get thrown in that category whether you willing to admit it or not. And some people wonder why some just say F it and just say catch me if you can.

I got mad just watching it. One thing I don't understand is if he took the vid how did it get on the net? To me the cop was wrong either way to do what he did and I hope he is punished for it. Its just sad this guy had to go through all this trouble for nothing

I like how he slammed the door on the guy. That is pretty bad to arrest the guy just so they can take his footage. I got pulled over for the license plate being in front of the rear axle before, but all I got was a warning. I think they should have been way more respectful to that guy.:moon:

i seen this on the news the other night and was trying to find the video the post. I was so pissed. i would have should the cop the strength of a real man when i put my knee in his back. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

But cooler heads prevail in the end

This video pisses me off... The police are now profiling riders. So if I'm out riding a sport bike, does that make me a stunter? or a guilty party cuz another rider pissed off a cop earlier in the day? :moon:

I guess Texas can arrest for ur license plate being obstructed. if thats so what exactly did the cop do wrong???? I wish Connecticut had a statute like that.

most bikers put their plates up there so they cannot be seen so when they run the police wont be able to see their registration and either go to their residence or do a warrant for engaging police in pursuit and reckless operation. seems like a good statute to me.

for those of you that dont think bikers run from the police 90% of the time when stopped are either full of chit or ignorant. they do almost every time in the city because they are nearly impossible to stop and many police departments have policies against chasing bikes which makes many bikers feel that they can just run from the police cause they wont chase them. which is true in most places. so if you obstruct ur plate from being visible from the rear ull get away almost every time.

if fact ive heard it many times from people of the street that the police are not allow to chase bikes. anyone who owns a bike and thinks that is simply gonna run when stopped.

the kid was told numerous times to get in the vehicle but he continued to run his mouth and the video was evidence of his refusal to comply so of course the video is seized as evidence. nothing unusual there.

I have to agree with GNBRETT on this one. As long as the plate deal was an "arrestable" offence..

I guess Texas can arrest for ur license plate being obstructed. if thats so what exactly did the cop do wrong???? I wish Connecticut had a statute like that.

most bikers put their plates up there so they cannot be seen so when they run the police wont be able to see their registration and either go to their residence or do a warrant for engaging police in pursuit and reckless operation. seems like a good statute to me.

for those of you that dont think bikers run from the police 90% of the time when stopped are either full of chit or ignorant. they do almost every time in the city because they are nearly impossible to stop and many police departments have policies against chasing bikes which makes many bikers feel that they can just run from the police cause they wont chase them. which is true in most places. so if you obstruct ur plate from being visible from the rear ull get away almost every time.

if fact ive heard it many times from people of the street that the police are not allow to chase bikes. anyone who owns a bike and thinks that is simply gonna run when stopped.

the kid was told numerous times to get in the vehicle but he continued to run his mouth and the video was evidence of his refusal to comply so of course the video is seized as evidence. nothing unusual there.

I live in the dallas area and i would say that half of the sport bikes you see have the licence located in that area, illegal yes but i think they normally give tickets for it not an arrest. This is just a police that got picked on as a kid now wants to use the power of the badge. If he would have gave him the camera, cop wouldn't have said anything about that tag.

The difference between an arrest and a ticket in this case was the smart mouth of the person arrested. He could have been polite but stood his ground.

I don't think the officer had the right to the video - and in fact the guy would never have gotten it back otherwise...so he must have gotten it back.

It's obvious the plate thing was an after the fact thought of the officer. The officer should have stated up front why he stopped the guy "your plate is not visible", but instead he ran the guy's license first, THEN decided he needed to find something as an excuse to detain. That charge will be dismissed i think.

I live in the dallas area and i would say that half of the sport bikes you see have the licence located in that area, illegal yes but i think they normally give tickets for it not an arrest. This is just a police that got picked on as a kid now wants to use the power of the badge. If he would have gave him the camera, cop wouldn't have said anything about that tag.
I find it hard to believe that a cop is gonna arrest someone for that unless he knows that he can. he seemed pretty sure of himself. maybe im wrong but I doubt it. him chosing to enforce a statute that is abused almost every day by bikers is his perogative. so what?

ticket enough riders who have their plate positioned where its completely unreadable and it tends to send a message to others to get their chit straight or ur gonna be pulled over with ur stolen plate.....:whistle: or unregistered or uninsured bike.

I register mine, pay taxes and have insurance. so shud these little azzholes! they think riding a motorcycle is a right. its not! its a privelage that you have to pay for. nothing about what he did makes him a candidate for some cop thats been picked on as a kid and is now abusing his authority.

he was a typical little wiseass that didnt know when the shut his mouth. u think the cop is gonna use his descretion with him? lol.... doubtful.

if he wants to do his job and enforce a law so what? those violations lead to bikers feeling they can ride around with an unreadable plate and when the cops try to stop them they just take off. the cop probably owns a bike himself.

It was clearly not about the plate. Even with the plate, the cop had no right to get physical with the rider who was already restrained. I hope the cop loses his job and the rider sues for a million dollars so that they are forced to train their officers to not be asshats.

your job as a police officer is to DETAIN the suspect if he committed an offense and secure everything, once you detain them that's that. but if they resist then you can use force.. cant beat the **** out of someone for no reason if they're already detained

wow reminds me of when i got arrested... minus the backtalk i was actually polite but still got screwed lol

Back