busatunes sound system coming soon

jumbojimbo

Registered
Just ordered my busatunes sound system at busatunes cant wait to get these speakers in. ill post pics of the installation and finished product.

also you can youtube "busa tunes" and get a good idea of how these sound... very excited :banana:

consider the price of the oem plastics, the two speakers, other materials needed to create the product. then the amp and wiring kit. the fact that the guys does all the leg work for me.......... yup, i dont think thats a bad deal at all... beats ANY bullet style tweeter system out there. dont hate dude :lol:

it says no splicing or drilling so how does the speaker stay on the fairing??

I'm guessing what he means is no splicing or drilling of YOUR OWN stuff. The speaker is obviously cut and drilled into the dash piece he supplies, but you don't have to hack up your own stuff. If I understand correctly, you just pop out your upper dash pieces (and stash them away neatly) and snap in his upper dash pieces with the speakers and power button and everything already cut in. Run the wires he supplies to the amp, stash the amp somewhere, plug the extra cord into the headphone jack of your MP3 player and away you go.

After reading Merlot's comment, I started trying to source upper dash pieces, the 4" Kappa series speakers and a decent, low draw 150 watt amp. If you found the dash pieces used, got a good deal on the speakers, bought the power switch from Radio Shack or whatever, found a decent deal on an amp, and did all of your own labor (cutting, wiring, etc) you could probably save $150. But for some people, it's worth $150 not to have to jack with it.

I won't ride with headphones because I'm concerned it will drown out TOO much noise around me. And I like to hear what's going on. But that Busasounds setup (assuming the amp/speaker quality is decent) would be a reasonable compromise. You could listen to music, but you'd still hear everything around you.

Not sure I'd do it to my bike, but I don't think it's ridiculous or anything.

WOW!! I am in the wrong buisness!! 500 bucks 150watt amp and 2 80watt marine speakers. :dunno:
VX-138B 4in 2-Way Marine Speaker 80W BLK (1)
Item # VX-138B $10.95

Pyle
2 Channel 300 Watt Mini Amp 3.5MM Input
$14.78

You can also go with a Rockford Fosgate 150Watt 2 channel for 69 bucks.

speakers, amp 40 bucks wires and switches another 25 bucks total 65 bucks

Wow!
Am I missing something here? Is it that difficult to cut 2 holes in plastic inners? :dunno:

Not a hater but damn!

lankeeyankee said:
WOW!! I am in the wrong buisness!! 500 bucks 150watt amp and 2 80watt marine speakers. :dunno:
Item # VX-138B $10.95

Pyle
$14.78

Wow!
Am I missing something here? Is it that difficult to cut 2 holes in plastic inners? :dunno:

Not a hater but damn!

Agreed, I can appreciate the nice looking job on the wires. And the plug and play for people who haven't done any basic wiring before. But seems a bit steep.

But to each their own, if it means someone who wouldn't do this on their own and wants it can get it then it will sell.

Better looking of the sets I have seen.

Item # VX-138B $10.95

Pyle
$14.78

Wow!

Not a hater but damn!

I obviously overpriced the components. But you also need to add another $100-150 or so for some good upper dash pieces (so you don't have to hack your own). But using your numbers, it's still only like $225. That's cheaper than what I came up with. I'm going to have to do some more research.

My neighbor has a Harley Bagger. When we ride, his radio is so loud (in order to hear it at speed) that I can hear it OVER my earbuds.

To each their own, but the logic of earbuds drowning out traffic/etc is flawed.

To me, the loud music is embarrassing. I'm a stereo nut in my car/truck (subwoofers/etc) and I still dynomat the crap outta everything so the whole neighborhood doesn't have to enjoy it, just me.. :beerchug:

I obviously overpriced the components. But you also need to add another $100-150 or so for some good upper dash pieces (so you don't have to hack your own). But using your numbers, it's still only like $225. That's cheaper than what I came up with. I'm going to have to do some more research.

$18.43 a piece and cheaper if you get a discount from Suzuki.
Low price guarantee on Suzuki Motorcycle Parts, ATV Parts, Motorcycle Parts, Quad Runner Parts, GSX-R Parts and Accessories

:whistle:

I'm guessing what he means is no splicing or drilling of YOUR OWN stuff. The speaker is obviously cut and drilled into the dash piece he supplies, but you don't have to hack up your own stuff. If I understand correctly, you just pop out your upper dash pieces (and stash them away neatly) and snap in his upper dash pieces with the speakers and power button and everything already cut in. Run the wires he supplies to the amp, stash the amp somewhere, plug the extra cord into the headphone jack of your MP3 player and away you go.

After reading Merlot's comment, I started trying to source upper dash pieces, the 4" Kappa series speakers and a decent, low draw 150 watt amp. If you found the dash pieces used, got a good deal on the speakers, bought the power switch from Radio Shack or whatever, found a decent deal on an amp, and did all of your own labor (cutting, wiring, etc) you could probably save $150. But for some people, it's worth $150 not to have to jack with it.

I won't ride with headphones because I'm concerned it will drown out TOO much noise around me. And I like to hear what's going on. But that Busasounds setup (assuming the amp/speaker quality is decent) would be a reasonable compromise. You could listen to music, but you'd still hear everything around you.

Not sure I'd do it to my bike, but I don't think it's ridiculous or anything.

Yes i will for sure do it your way for $150 extra for some workmanship is seriously not worth it for me.
I am wearing earphones for the past 6yrs,if anyone can have self discipline and control the volume by not blasting for rock,techno,trance,heavy metal and etc type of music.It should be fine,but thats my personal preference not meant to be any advice or recommendation just to share from my experience.

There is also the quality of the sound. Wear a good set of ear buds and you can have audiophile sound quality right on the bike. If you use isolating ear buds, you can listen to good, full dynamic range music without a barrage of noise blowing in your face. If you don't learn to scan with the eyes while riding, you're not safe - there is too much noise to rely on your ears. There is also the ear damage part. The wind is the biggest enemy - and only earbuds or ear plugs can help with that. I also get other sources (GPS, radar, and phone) which would be useless without earbuds. Guess it's all in what you want, but I really hate listening to someone elses music!

Now when you're parked, that's another story as far as music goes........

Yo Jimmy! Good to see you posting up mang. I've seen jimmy's set-up in person and its nice. he got me thinking of doing the same set-up. see you on Elm street :lol:

Back