If MONEY was an ISSUE...

if money wasnt an issue

i currently own a stock gen 1 busa and i paid about 6K for it but i been looking into Turbo busa's and starting to really like the idea of have a turbo bike.

stock gen 1 busa ...6K

or

Gen 2 busa with turbo kit for 9-11k(not sure if thats accurate numbers)

IM WEIGHTING OUT MY OPTIONS TO TURBO MY "CURRENT" BIKE OR JUST GET ONE THATS A "GEN 2"?

now im saying money isnt and issue but i would like realistic responses! please!

THANKS!

Lots of nice deals out there right now. It's your money, your ride, but make sure the bike is set up right if you go turbo, especially if you don't have a turbo back ground. A Gen II turbo done right and running right would be a steal at those numbers.

It's probably gonna run you north of $8K to turbo your bike.

EXPERTS WILL BE ALONG, I'M NOT ONE

Lots of nice deals out there right now. It's your money, your ride, but make sure the bike is set up right if you go turbo, especially if you don't have a turbo back ground. A Gen II turbo done right and running right would be a steal at those numbers.

It's probably gonna run you north of $8K to turbo your bike.

EXPERTS WILL BE ALONG, I'M NOT ONE

thats my concern... i dont wanna spend 10-12k on a bike thats going to break down on me!

thanks for ur opinion!!!!!

It's my understanding that you'll get a little more out of a gen 1 motor stock bolt on. Gotta replace springs and valves in the gen 2. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

If you do the work yourself you could get into a turbo set up used for a reasonable.. err, MORE reasonable price anyway. Used stage 1's are going for 2800 or less.

Gotta figure in the price of changing out that gen 2 tail. That being said I think you know my only reason for saying gen I.

Eddy Castellanos Aymat said:
Ok then I think ima stay with the Gen 1

Gotta make sure, but u know I only made the comment about the tail cuz I like the look of the gen I tail better right? Not something you really have to change.

StrtRac3r said:
Gotta make sure, but u know I only made the comment about the tail cuz I like the look of the gen I tail better right? Not something you really have to change.

O I'm changing that tail to the gsxr 1000 tail. Either way turbo kit is ordered for the busa:-)

StrtRac3r said:

O I'm changing that tail to the gsxr 1000 tail. Either way turbo kit is ordered for the busa:-)

It's my understanding that you'll get a little more out of a gen 1 motor stock bolt on. Gotta replace springs and valves in the gen 2. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

If you do the work yourself you could get into a turbo set up used for a reasonable.. err, MORE reasonable price anyway. Used stage 1's are going for 2800 or less.
Yep its going to be cheaper and easier to boost the gen1. Gen2 is 4lbs max with the stock TI valves and springs...about 230hp. Kits for the gen1 are easy to bolt on and you can get 240-50 reliable hp out of the motor bone stock. Thats more than enough for any street ride. I'm running 8lbs on my stock 06 14 and can't get anywhere near to using all the power at stock length/height. I wanted to keep it stock chassis for handling reasons but am prolly going to have to run some extensions.
Bolting a 2800-3000 dollar kit on the gen1 the op already owns is by far the best choice bang for the buck wise :beerchug:

Back