And so it begins....

beachz

Registered
Bike is on the table and won't come off until the damaged plastic is replaced and my upgrades are installed. Almost everything is ordered and parts are starting to trickle in. Doubtful I will have time to touch it for the next week or so.

300_9662.jpg

Thanks guys! It should be a fun project. I have spent the last two weeks getting the garage cleaned a set up so that I can work on her as much or as little as I have time without being in the way of the other stuff like the Beemer or riding lawn mower and the Z.

There is a steel I-beam directly over the triple tree so I will be hoisting from there. I have been looking for an excuse to buy a hoist trolly and this looks like it. The lift table belongs to my dad but I have pretty much open access to it. He originally told me to just keep it, then realized he uses it to service his 4wheeler and mower. Always a BIG help and inspiration! Thanks pop!!!:bowdown:

dad_cart.jpg

I also have to thank FallenArch and EarlyBird for keeping me on track with my mod list and helping me get the best bang for my buck within my budget. Most of the mods will go unnoticed from the outside. Although I will certainly forget something, here are some of the parts on my list:

Left Fairing
Center Fairing
Left Signal Pod
Foam Insulation
Brembo 19RCS Radial MC
Speigler Lines (+2")
New front pads
Speed Bleeders
SpeedoHealer
Woolich Datalogger/Flasher
V&H Header (already running R77CF duals)
BMC Filter
Woodcraft Case Saver
Woodcraft Rear Spools
T-Rex Frame Sliders (If I can find somewhere to pre-order as they are out of stock)
Schnitz Rear links +1
90 deg valve stems
Dunlop Q2s
New fork seals
Fork took kit

One more HUGE thanks goes out to Justin at Honda East. Two thirds of my budget was spent with him and NOT just OEM plastic!!! I estimate I saved almost 25% over the best online prices I could find. If you need something, drop him a line. Not only that, he rides a 2008 Hayabusa! :beerchug:

Oh, and my motivation for this project is the damage I did a couple of weeks ago when I allowed her to fall off the stand in my driveway as I was closing my gate. :banghead:

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gene...ng-attention-fallenarchs-bodywork-thread.html

I will post some more pics as I move forward (or sideways and sometimes backwards)... :thumbsup:

Thank you for the props! I'm just waiting on your fancy brake stuff to show up to get a package coming your way. The Vance and Hines header looks like they're still on back-order :banghead:

Thank you for the props! I'm just waiting on your fancy brake stuff to show up to get a package coming your way. The Vance and Hines header looks like they're still on back-order :banghead:

Well deserved, my friend. Wooohoooo! I love opening boxes. I told my wife yesterday that I should have ordered every part seperately so I had more boxes to open. :laugh:

It looks like a race to see what gets here first... the header or the Woolich Datalogger/Flasher. :beerchug:

Thanks Tim! I will be out of town this weekend and have a BIG work project starting next week. I have someone flying in Monday for that so I don't know what my schedule will be next week. We will work as much as it takes to get it done.

I had previously set an alert at revzilla (and forgot about it) to send me an email when the V&H header was available. Well, I got one today so I assume it won't be long before Justin has mine. :thumbsup:

Speaking of parts Justin...

I forgot to call this morning to order the own lever bolts. :banghead: One of mine fell out. I'll call first chance I get. Maybe you can include it with my last order

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Forum Runner

Well, I had a couple of hours this morning before I have to get to my "chores". I worked late every day this week except Friday so I haven't even been in the garage. The race between the datalogger and the header was a tie. They both showed up yesterday. :thumbsup: Thanks Greg and Justin!!!

We have to go to a friend's son's graduation party (from firefighting academy) tonight so I am done for the day.

Thought you all might like a few shots.

Huge thanks go out to Blanca Busa for the tupperware removal tutorial! I had it right there while I was taking here apart!!! :bowdown:

DSC_5818.jpg

DSC_5814.jpg

DSC_5831.jpg

DSC_5832.jpg

Made a little more progress today. Probably done for the weekend. I have some chores to do now. Next task will be getting the A/C-heating unit that I have had for a couple of years installed. The garage stayed pretty cool until about 12:30 but I have a feeling it's just going to get worse. If the storm hadn't blown through last night, it would have been miserable early.

Enjoy...

DSC_5852.jpg

DSC_5842.jpg

DSC_5845.jpg

DSC_5847.jpg

DSC_5849.jpg

DSC_5850.jpg

Back