Don't have a tank guard and my legs are about to burn off...

merczab

Registered
So I live in AZ and it gets around 116 or so; anyway, I was riding and my tank was getting really hot, REALLY HOT. It literally felt like my legs were going to get first degree burns on them...
Does this happen to everyone?
I noticed if I stuck my butt farther back into the sit--closer to the hump--my legs would touch less of the tank, providing some relief...
I'm probably going to stick to riding at night, but should I just invest in a tank guard of some sort?

In stop and go here in the summer, Mine gets pretty hot like my balls are going to burn off.We dont get real hot, maybe 85 or so so I can imagine 116 in AZ.

What color is your bike? It's 95 right now and my tank isn't even hot. My bike is white though :laugh:

I live in Chandler,AZ. The same thing happens to me also. Tank gets REALLY hot. Have to ride with me legs sticking out.

It gets pretty hot in GA as well and when it does I vent my legs while moving by pushing my knees out and away from the tank a bit. It does not take much to get a nice breeze going through there. If you are in stop and go traffic, not much you can do.

The busa is notorious for dumping heat onto your feet. But for some reason, it doesn't keep your feet warm in the winter.

As a former Phoenician, the only advice I have for you is to ride at night until it cools off in the day. Only 4 or 5 more months for you! :laugh:

What's a cool vest?

It's a life-saver, and we strongly recommend it to all our tour participants. We briefly hit 104 on Saturday on the tour. Riders on the way home saw 112 at the peak. I'm in full black armored leathers regardless of temps so that's miserable.

Cool Vests are ~$35, generally find them at Cycle Gear or do on-line search. Soak them in water, put them in a zip-loc bag, then carry them in your saddlebag. Mid-day pull them out and put it on. Couple links:

Motorcycle Cool Vests and Heated Clothes

Motorcycle Cooling Vest: TechNiche Evaporative Cooling Vest

Do you wear shorts? If so, there's your problem. Get yourself a pair of mesh pants! :beerchug:

i lived in phoenix for 2 years and ive seen 125+ and that **** is miserable even at night it doesnt drop below 100 because of the heat from the pavement. I had a black gsxr1000 and even it was hot to ride and its alot smaller than the busa

Back