What's needed for a 200 MPH Busa?

houstonbussa

Registered
Here in Tx I know of two mile tracks that you can try and join the 200mph club. What does it take to get a true 200mph. I was thinking a GIPro and loose some teeth in the back sprocket. Talked to a local shop and they say they couldn't successfully do it and they cammed and so fourth. So is it even possible with a daily driving Busa (that you want to keep a daily driver)? Who here has done over 200mph at a regulated location to have it clocked and verified? Or is it one of those things that you have to have a lot of money vested in to the bike and it probably shouldn't be your daily driver type of thing? I ask because one of the mile strips just opened this year here in the Houston area and I'd love to go there and get it done!

bulletbob ran a 215.9 on a ALL STOCK MOTOR (stretched, sprockets, MR12 fuel, K&N Race, Brock's header, custom pipe, tune by Johnny Cheese):

LINKY>>>>: https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/top-speed/164729-mojave-magnum-pics.html

011-Copy.jpg

I was speaking with Brock at the Ohio event a couple weeks ago and told him he had some very helpful tips from his '08 Busa run to help people get started. On a stock Busa it is not expected that you would break 200 your first time down, I would go for the weekend and soak it all in making a few passes and get your licensing done. See how it all feels. You might break it or get teased with a couple 198-199 mph passes but either way I'd say you will be close.

The reason I say this is bcause you will learn a tremendous amount your first time down about your bike and your body position. If you knew how to tuck at 150, you may not know how to tuck at 200. You'll notice at 175-180 the breeze going past you is touching your elbow or your knee and try to get it in another 1/8 inch.

Anyway, I know you asked about bike set up and you will get a lot of info and tips but I wanted to throw in a little 2 cents about what to expect.

Good luck, go fast, and be safe!

PS: My Busa is a daily driver and mountain carver

Interesting that minor modifications with shelf items did the trick. Daily driver can do 200+ mph.....with stock gearing!

Got-Busa and I had a conversation a couple years ago about this and I guess in a way we were both correct. We were reading the question two different ways.

The question was basically "Can a Gen II Busa reach 200mph on stock gearing?" (sprockets or something that affect, I don't remember)

I took it to mean stock gears and answered yes. He took it to mean stock gearing and answered no.
If you think about it, it's actually two completely different questions.

It's been so long but if I remember correctly the stock gearing will be just shy of 200mph since stock gearing actually consists of the over all gear ratio including the rear tire, but the stock gears are capable of going 200mph as long as you have something to compensate such as a 55 series rear tire.

If he chimes in later I believe he also has some pretty good links to share.

From the article it says.....
The bike was also outfitted with Vortex aluminum sprockets (stock gearing) as well as Spiegler brake lines.
. I took it as stock gearing but lighter material. But you raise an interesting point. I would think the gearing would not take you to 200 but I'm no land speed guru either nor do I own a GenII!

Stock gearing, restriction removed and rev limit set higher. Got is a pretty good size fella too. So if you don't weigh much it will even be easier on a stock ride. Of course he was running a good pipe.

Talk to Todd Dross or Debbie his wife at Twinn Juggs Racing, Fredericksburg, VA.

Talk to Todd Dross or Debbie his wife at Twinn Juggs Racing, Fredericksburg, VA.

Dahmurf, but she has not been on here in quite a while.

She can tell you all you want to know about doing over 200mph naked :laugh:

Ok, back to your original question...Here is a well documented thread submitted by Got-Busa? Hopefully it will help you in your quest to conquer the 200mph barrier.

http://www.suzukihayabusa.org/forum/index.php?topic=135810.msg1284040#msg1284040"

Back