wallenda i

schroetf

Donating Member
Registered
i heard the walk over niagara falls was a hoax---he was actually tied to the rope so couldn't fall---

True. I watched it. Not a hoax as he did walk across but he did have a safety tether so he couldn't fall.
He still had to walk it but was a lot more calm as there was no real danger. He had a mic on and was talking to commentator thru the whole thing. When he got to middle it was like forty mph winds with a lot of water.
I'm sure it was difficult but his life wasn't in jeolardy.

i have seen those guys do some crazy stunts walking from building to building and such

abc refused to air it and thus assist paying for his costs of doing the stunt unless he was tethered... been hearing about it on bob and tom for like 3 weeks now

abc refused to air it and thus assist paying for his costs of doing the stunt unless he was tethered... been hearing about it on bob and tom for like 3 weeks now

Yep. I was hearing that he didn't want to have the tether, but ABC didn't want to air somebody dying in case he fell.

Lame! I don't wanna see the guy die, but half the mystique of the high wire is the fact that it could go wrong.

it wasnt just abc that did it the local gov't said thats the only way they would allow it is if he was tethered

Back