Where to go from Gainesville VA? Who wants to go tomorrow??

busa clubslinger

Registered
Hey folks! Looking to go on a nice long ride tomorrow from Gainesville VA. Anyone have any suggestions on a nice route and can anyone go??

Isn't the skyway in Va? Was in Charlottesville a couple of weeks ago but couldn't do the skyway.

33 to Harrisonburg, then west on 33 to Elkins WV. Very technical ride past Senica Rocks, but you'll love it! I've rode that ride many times.

P.

Skyline Drive is nice if you like cops, traffic, more traffic, and speed traps. Just sayin.

Hey folks! Looking to go on a nice long ride tomorrow from Gainesville VA. Anyone have any suggestions on a nice route and can anyone go??

Here is a good loop.

248565_2075712899259_1212967_n.jpg

Here is one I found. SOme have road it before.
POSSIBLE ROUTES FOR OCT. 24, VA-WV ride

The short route:

Winchester, VA
To
Harrisonburg, VA I-81 South: 1hr 10min 67 miles

Harrisonburg, VA
To
Franklin, WV Rt. 33 West: 58min 40 miles

Franklin, WV
To
Monterey, WV Rt. 220 South: 32min 22 miles

Monterey, WV
To
Staunton, VA Rt. 250 East: 1hr 11min 43 miles

Staunton, VA
To
Winchester, VA I-81 North: 1hr 40min 96 miles

Time: W/O breaks, gas, food etc…5.5hrs(Est) Figure on 7 to 9 hr day w/breaks, food, gas
Total miles: 268 miles

The long route:

Winchester, VA
To
Harrisonburg, VA I-81 South: 1hr 10min 67 miles

Harrisonburg, VA
To
Elkins, WV Rt. 33 West: 2hr 15min 100 miles

Elkins, WV
To
Huttonsville, WV Rt. 219 South: 27min 18 miles

Huttonsville, WV
To
Staunton, VA Rt. 250 East: 2hr 15min 88 miles

Staunton, VA
To
Winchester, VA I-81 North: 1hr 40min 96 miles

Time: W/O Breaks, gas, food etc…7.6hrs(Est) Figure about 9 to 11 hr day w/breaks, gas, food
Total miles: 369 miles

Here is another great ride the 06+5busa and I went on a while back. It was a great ride and I think quite a few have been on it as well. Look at the thread. It has the map to go with it. Not sure if its the same one as above but it is a great ride. Took us almost 12 hrs if I remember right.

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/geographic-riding-areas/111251-echr-summer-ride-i-june-13-2009-a.html

Hey, Bill. We went to Luray caverns on Saturday. If you haven't been, that's a great place to go. Ride down on the east side of the Blue Ridge, across the gap on 211 (?), into Luray, then back up the west side and home. Nice little ride for you.

We should connect again before the summer is out. AJ

Back