Should I get one? What year?

Toallhisdoom

Registered
Hey guys, i am looking into getting my first busa, thinking for next season. My first bike was a katana 750, i now have a Suzuki RF900R. I am pretty capable of riding, but all i do is ride with a passenger so i want a more comfortable, powerfull, bike.

As far as long rides how is this bike? My other choice was a CBR1000RR but i feel like for the amount of riding i do it just wont be comfortable for me or her.

So any thoughts?

The 1000RR will feel like an elephant riding a football compared to the busa, and your passenger will REALLY appreciate it. Anything from 2008 up (GEN II) is an excellent choice depending on price/mileage/wear/ect. Watch the .org there is always someone selling theirs at a reasonable price!

You are on a Busa site asking if you should buy a BUSA? ???

HELL YEA! two words- Sport Touring! You will love it! :laugh:

how much is everyone paying for insurance tho? i just did a quick quote at progressive and it said like 3500$ a year for full coverage. i pay about 126 now for minimal on my rf900. yikes!

Hint: The blue one's are the fastest :laugh:

Get some other quotes. Talk to State Farm; Progressive is waaaay too high....

I have an 06 (Gen 1) and love it! It is all on your prefrences!! I liked the looks better of the Gen 1 tail and like the fact I can run 87 Octane Pump gas!! Gen 2's are awesome bikes as well!!

me and my gf sat on a 2009 that was more of a gun metal gray. Thats the one she picked so. it has 97 miles and they are asking 10,500 for it. If i can get the insurance for cheaper then i am going to go for it. :)

But the ride is more sport touring? that's all i was really worried about was her comfort.

Hint: The blue one's are the fastest :laugh:

Get some other quotes. Talk to State Farm; Progressive is waaaay too high....

what is to HIGH? With progressive I pay $150 month for 05 busa, 06 ninja 250, 07 gsxr750 all FULL coverage and $250 vanishing deductible....and I thought this was a great deal?:dunno:

motochris said:
what is to HIGH? With progressive I pay $150 month for 05 busa, 06 ninja 250, 07 gsxr750 all FULL coverage and $250 vanishing deductible....and I thought this was a great deal?:dunno:

State farm im at $52, best by far that I could find. (02 busa, 06 eclipse, and 100k rental insurance about $185 a mo. And I'm 26)

StrtRac3r said:
State farm im at $52, best by far that I could find. (02 busa, 06 eclipse, and 100k rental insurance about $185 a mo. And I'm 26)

sorry dont mean to jack the thread here.
Yea a lot of the Org are with state farm. Initially I was paying $99(07gsxr750) and $120 (05 busa) monthly with state farm and I am 41 no tickets since 2008.

Hmm well i am 22 and have a subaru legacy gt, so maybe i will get a multi car discount if i put both the bike and the car with state farm.

Toallhisdoom said:
Hmm well i am 22 and have a subaru legacy gt, so maybe i will get a multi car discount if i put both the bike and the car with state farm.

The bike and car do count as a discount. Whichever bike you choose lol.

Well :welcome: to the org! You can't really go wrong with a Busa. Its great for long rides and very comfortable with tons of power and can get pretty good gas mileage.

well next season i plan to sell my RF hopefully get $2500 for a down payment on a busa! Cant wait! My gf seems to be pretty ok with the idea! We currently rent a room out of my mothers house, so she said as long as we get our own place first i can get the bike. LMAO.

its like my mom basically lives at her bfs house, so i get a whole house to myself for dirt cheap rent. Why would i want to move out? not to mention i have been putting it off because moving my 75gal saltwater fish tank is going to be terrible. hahhaa but cant wait for next season! gonna ride the piss outta the RF for now. But thanks guys you really convinced me!

now one last question, with my rf if im in 1st gear, go up to about 7k let off then hit it it wheelies right? but when i watch videos of busas it looks like if your just going full out every time you shift the thing comes up! i think its awesome but does this really happen with a stock busa? or are these modified bikes?

well next season i plan to sell my RF hopefully get $2500 for a down payment on a busa! Cant wait! My gf seems to be pretty ok with the idea! We currently rent a room out of my mothers house, so she said as long as we get our own place first i can get the bike. LMAO.

its like my mom basically lives at her bfs house, so i get a whole house to myself for dirt cheap rent. Why would i want to move out? not to mention i have been putting it off because moving my 75gal saltwater fish tank is going to be terrible. hahhaa but cant wait for next season! gonna ride the piss outta the RF for now. But thanks guys you really convinced me!

now one last question, with my rf if im in 1st gear, go up to about 7k let off then hit it it wheelies right? but when i watch videos of busas it looks like if your just going full out every time you shift the thing comes up! i think its awesome but does this really happen with a stock busa? or are these modified bikes?

I found that rolling on the throttle caused me to wheelie. Cracking it open caused the back wheel to spin. Now with a passenger it will wheelie pretty easily :whistle:

Back