non DOT brake fluid

donkason

Registered
I am installing my Galfer lines front and rear, thanks to Pashnit for the deal, and EBC Extreme Pro pads. Halfway through my last track day the OEM pads were smoked and the weak brake system was showing itself.

This led me to buying brake fluid. I didn't want to put the Valvoline dot 3/4 back in it. I found Spectro SX600 for $7 a pint on clearance at the bike shop. This was their top of the line stuff. I was going to buy but it said NOT DOT APPROVED on the back Since my Busa will see the street I opted for Repsol dot 4 to be safe.

My question is this; is non dot approved race fluid okay for street/track bike? The only thing I can think is it would have a lower wet boiling point and shorter life since it would be changed out frequently from racing conditions.

The AMSOIL fluid is good stuff too, i think it's got higher boiling points than even the motul.

Looks like I'll be leaning towards the Motul next change. Thanks for the advice. However, I'm still curious to know if non DOT fluid is street worthy?

Yes it is,
Dot is just a standard rating!
Looks like I'll be leaning towards the Motul next change. Thanks for the advice. However, I'm still curious to know if non DOT fluid is street worthy?

Back