Happy Fathers Day...Quick ?

Renegaderrjr

Registered
Let me start by wishing all the Pops out there a Happy Fathers Day. Hold em' close... Now I have a quick question, which is probably a kinda odd one but thats what the .org is for right. Anyway, I was wondering how the visibility out of the mirrors was on the Gen 1s. I know its going to have a little to do with personal build. I'm around 6' tall. The visibility out of my o7 1000 was horrible, I would have to pull my elbows all the way to my sides to see behind me. Keep in mind I just bought my busa while here in Afghanistan so I haven't been able to get on it yet. Thanks for the input.

Well, if the first gen are anything like the second, they are a bit of work as most mirrors I have ever had on sport bikes. I put 1/2" mirror extensions on the base to help. Not perfect but better as I'll always turn my head to check regardless.

I don't have any problems seeing around me with the stock mirrors on my '05. If anything, I might add a small, convex mirror to the corner of each, but I've gotten used to looking around me before I change lanes, and I wonder if it would reduce my vision in the stock mirrors.

Yeah I always look too, but when I'm stopped I like to see what's coming from behind. My grandfather passed from being rear ended so that's a lil fear I have.

Back