Bigz bike Blew up!

red1100cc

Registered
My Cousin came over the other morning and stole my trailer to go save "Baby". She had left him stranded out twards Powder River. :down:

He brought her over last night and we checked her out. He had thought he blew a head gasket or something. then he said something had hit him in the foot/leg, then oil everywhere and she died.

we wipe her down and begin to look around. then he found it.

"Check this out Russ!"

OH BUMMER MAN! SHES DONE!
big hole above where the oil filter screws in. im guessing rod failure or bearing failure.

" i donno, something broke in there! im betting this engine is toast my friend. "

:poke: NEXT! :laugh:

1339742359825.jpg

1339742307243.jpg

1339742259638.jpg

That sucks man. I worry about stuff like that because I don't have new engine money just laying around.

fallenarch said:
That sucks man. I worry about stuff like that because I don't have new engine money just laying around.

Just gonna pretend I didn't hear that! :whistle:

With your Ohlins suspension and all. :whistle:

Sucks to hear man, good thing it didn't happen too far away or on your road trip that would've really sucked.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Sorry to hear to see and hear about........I wonder alot!! why mine hasn't blown up like that......it's been on the rev limiter sooooo many many times. always keep it FULL of oil though. Hope things work out for you.

Judging by how black the gunk is where the oil filter goes looks like that thing has had a hard life of poor maintenance.

It's a Machine and granted, It REALLY SUCKS! I had a piece of my clutch basket break off on my 94' FZR 1000 and it got into the motor. I was going over 80. My motor seized up immediately and my rear tire Locked Up. How I actually kept it under control and didn't crash is beyond me. There wasn't one savable internal piece in the motor. I didn't know how lucky I really was. Sounds like he also is Very Lucky. He lives to ride again and personally, I'd take that over building a new motor any day! JUST SAYIN' :angel:

An internally stock motor will last a long, long time.......even abused continually, as long as its well maintained. Especially a busa....no worries Arch :beerchug:
My boosted stock 14 motor has lasted 2 seasons so far, with no signs of any issues. Stock motors on most modern bikes are incredibly tough :thumbsup:

It's a Machine and granted, It REALLY SUCKS! I had a piece of my clutch basket break off on my 94' FZR 1000 and it got into the motor. I was going over 80. My motor seized up immediately and my rear tire Locked Up. How I actually kept it under control and didn't crash is beyond me. There wasn't one savable internal piece in the motor. I didn't know how lucky I really was. Sounds like he also is Very Lucky. He lives to ride again and personally, I'd take that over building a new motor any day! JUST SAYIN' :angel:
I had my 86 Ninja 1000R break the clutch pressure plate bolts off from a manufacturers defect, locked the clutch up solid against the case, locked the rear wheel solid as well. I had just slowed down from a 140mph blast and was entering a slow speed turn, I slid her off to the side of the road, hauled her home in the back of my truck, and 600 bucks later plus my labor she was running good as new again. I guess I got REAL lucky :laugh:
The early zx10's had a problem with the alternator chain tensioner failing, and coming loose and hitting the clutch bolts and breaking them loose. I told my friend he should check his on his 88 zx10 just to be safe........sure enough his tensioner had failed as well and was starting to do damage. He caught his just in time :thumbsup:

Ouch what kind of bike?

Sorry, it is a 86? Honda 700 Sabre.
we just got back from a 3500mi trip. im glad it made it home. :thumbs:

ouch man. you got a spare motor for him? i know you have parts :laugh:

:whistle: why yes i do. He does not know it yet, but i have a V45 sitting right outside the shop. :laugh:
and a V65 could be made to fit. :bowdown:

and if not, there are 2 Goldwings and an old Z1000 police special sitting out there too. :upside:

i feel for him though. 1st the 850 Maxim, now the 700 Sabre. he said he feels kinda jinxed. He said it's a sign he is going to win the RoadGlide at HogFest. :beerchug: i hope he does.

That sucks for the bike, but glad he's ok. And for being 26yrs old, thats a hell of a run. LoL Have fun with the rebuild.

Back