Which phone app for top speed??

RCWells

Registered
I want to find out what my top speed is, and need a phone app to download that is accurate. Suggestions?

Thanks
RC

For iPhone I use 'cyclemeter'. It saves fastest speed as well as charts your trip on google maps with one mile intervals showing speed at each mile. It also does a ton of other stuff. Heres a screen shot of a ride....

Data screen...
9cf6e480.jpg

Map screen which can be clicked on. You can click on each individual mile marker to view the data for just that one mile as well. If you zoom in each mile becomes visible.
b6cee4c5.jpg

And graph screen...
c0abe35d.jpg

Saiid, did you find this in the IStore? I can't seem to pull it up...

No sir. In the app store. Search for 'Cyclemeter Gp'
I'm only touching the surface of what it can do. And it was really designed for bicyclists but they have with many emails :whistle: increased limits on mph so it works for motorcycles and cars.

You will have to export ride data from your phone to pc via email if you want to review data for each mile marked on the map or you can click on 'splits' and it shows you this...

1f9de14a.jpg

Just downloaded one for my phone. Going to try it out after work in the morning. In the setting it says anything above 150mph isn't recorded as its an error. Ha who ever designed hasn't been on a rocket.

I have Samsung Galaxy now and Speedview said max was 159 which is of course, not accurate, lol. So maybe I'll have to wait until I get the new iphone when it comes out. Thanks.

Maybe they changed top speed because I do know someone who owns a Busa where it recorded a number higher than that...:whistle:

I am using speedview it seems that it cant keep up slow reacting. Do the qaurter mile feature it will compliment you.. by speedview i can 0-60 in 2.3 and the qaurter mile at 9.83 LOL!!

I downloaded My Tracks for Android. It was pretty much right on point.. +/- 3 or 4 off the speedo, but whos to say the van we were in is correct.
We only got up to 75 but it works pretty good up to that point... :dunno:,
Maybe one of you guys that can actually ride your bikes can give us a more accurate evaluation!!

Here is a screenshot...
View attachment 1557876

Sent from my GT-I9100 from across the pond using Forum Runner

For android you want GPS Essentials. It does every thing you need and seems right on the money for GPS. You can set it for real time tracking so the GPS works great. It has compass, tracks( records route, average speed, elevation, distance, and more ) , shows routes you have taken and export to friends. Best of all it FREE I have been using it a long time. Top speed I have done using it was 140 ( my speedo read over 150 ).... I think it is what you are looking for... Just remember tracks when turned on will show your trip including top speed... And I have heard if cops pull you over for high speed they some times check your phone or video camera....

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

downloaded speed view yesterday. its pretty good. hopefully i can beat your 0-60 Andre 1/4 mile times:rofl::rofl:

LOL! with the 0-60 you get a jump start before it actually start recording.
There is a setting in speedview that you have to change in order to see 180+mph. I believe the default is anything over 150 is ignored.

Back