starter problem

al1213

Registered
I have a 2001 hayabusa and everytime i ride the bike for long period and it gets out the bike does not want to start, i have charged the battery and last week i even went and bought a brand new battery, but the bike is still doing the same thing. Once u let the bike sit for a few hours or if i jump it, it starts right up. can anyone please help me figure this out?

could be just the starter brushes are worn out my 01 gsxr 750 did that to me just last week. thought it might be the battery so tooll the one out of the busa put it in and it started then after a short ride it wouldnt start so put battery back in the busa with out charging it and it started the busa so i know its not the battery

try cycling the thumb switch 3 times before you start it and see if it helps it. if it does clean your fuel pump, if it doesnt get a starter.. i have a few if you need one.. watch trying to crank it as it has old style starter and you don't want kick back and case damage to happen..

i figured out the problem, the wires from my rectifier were burned, i am changing the rectifier, but i need the plug that plugs into the rectifier. Does anyone have that wire and plug that i can buy?

i figured out the problem, the wires from my rectifier were burned, i am changing the rectifier, but i need the plug that plugs into the rectifier. Does anyone have that wire and plug that i can buy?

Had a simular issue and bought a plug from Rick's Motorsports

you need the rectifier side plug and wires that go into the back of it to connect to bike harness or do you need the harness side plug and wires that go in the back that connects to the rectifier plug?

Back