What's your opinion about lowering the busa ???

crazydog

Registered
I read some comments about people using links to lower the rear and they were not happy about it.

Can you please tell me what are your thoughts??
???

Best,

the 3 hole links seem to work good but i have heard of the 5 hole having some problems because the metal is so thin between the holes. i have the 3 hole links with no problem. plus what looks better than a lowered busa :)

the 3 hole links seem to work good but i have heard of the 5 hole having some problems because the metal is so thin between the holes. i have the 3 hole links with no problem. plus what looks better than a lowered busa :)

Have you noticed any difference in the riding??

Since I am not a corner carver, I do not care that it hurts the handling aspects a little. I can still corner way faster than I am supposed to, anyway!

I like the looks and the comfort factor.

crazydog said:
What is the best link to use??? Vortex??

Are they hard to install?

Thanks,

Stay away from no name brands and yana shiki. Other than that you are pretty much gtg. Most of the failures I've seen or heard of have been improperly installed.

I've made my own, bought them from a local machine shop, and pingel is what I have now. Soupys and brocks make some nice threaded links.

Stay away from no name brands and yana shiki. Other than that you are pretty much gtg. Most of the failures I've seen or heard of have been improperly installed.

I've made my own, bought them from a local machine shop, and pingel is what I have now. Soupys and brocks make some nice threaded links.

Thanks!

I too am interested... I own a 2011 Busa and have seen one lowered and must say it looks niiice...What were your findings?

I too am interested... I own a 2011 Busa and have seen one lowered and must say it looks niiice...What were your findings?
Do the research. Basically any change to the suspension will affect the handling and performance. If you're five feet tall you don't have a lot of options. If you drag race you'll probably end up lowering and stretching it for performance on the strip. Lowered Busa's do look good, but there's just too many negatives for me. It really comes down to you and what you want out of the bike.

Do the research. Basically any change to the suspension will affect the handling and performance. If you're five feet tall you don't have a lot of options. If you drag race you'll probably end up lowering and stretching it for performance on the strip. Lowered Busa's do look good, but there's just too many negatives for me. It really comes down to you and what you want out of the bike.

Robert,
Thanks for your comment and opinion. I personally don't want to mess up the handling of the bike, I just think that it looks good lowered, but, I will not probably do it if it will mess up the handling.

Thanks and best,

I love mine. Lowered 2 inches f/r. I'm not a canyon carver but I love the way it rides. I can ride for 20+ hours and not feel beat at the end of the ride.

When I sent my forks to Traxxion Dynamics, I told them I wanted the sport touring setup. My fork was lowered internally and I used Brock's lowering link for the rear.

I have almost 32K miles since lowering it and never had any problems with it. Not to mention I love the way it looks.:laugh:
Here's a couple of pics for ya.:beerchug:
3374a713.jpg

6c285ee7.jpg

d8e3a149.jpg

One raised an 1" maybe? :poke:

Back