What 10 days looks like

raydog

Enjoying 1 road at a time
Donating Member
Registered
Tomorrow morning I'm going on a one man tour of the Oregon coast and Cascades range. Don't have a return date but probably 7-10 days....CAMPING on the ground in the forest! For an unknown reason, I've decided to use my National Parks Senior pass and see how little I can spend on this journey (for lodging, I'm not compromising on meals).
Fortunately, because of my bicycle equipment, I have really light tent, bag and stuff. Even so, HAYBUS feels like a Harley bagger! Although I love to ride with other bikers, I'm really looking forward to doing this solo, my choices, my decisions.
I'm hoping that each day will see me getting faster at setting up and breaking down camp, and I have a bag of quarters for pay showers. Once I get set up each evening, I'll try to get in a 3 mile run in the trees.
Take care my friends, I'll ck in with pics upon my return. (and yes, I'm packing my .44!) Doyle

IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

IMG_0009.jpg

IMG_0010.jpg

IMG_0011.jpg

IMG_0012.jpg

Have fun, be careful. Some of those Oregon roads are AWESOME.

how far you coming up? I have my kids the weekend so I can 't get the bikes out and come over to the coast..

have fun! take lots of pics. :thumbs:

looks like you packed plenty of stuff. :laugh:

:poke: and ditch the Bungee cords for a pair of good ratchet straps.

that sounds like a great time! looking forward to seeing the pics from this :beerchug:

how far you coming up? I have my kids the weekend so I can 't get the bikes out and come over to the coast..

Daniel, I'm going as far north as Portland (for some reason I want to sit at an outdoor coffee shop there and "feel the culture"). I won't be that far north for a few days and I did bring your phone # if you'll be around....how far are you from Portland?
Doyle

have fun! take lots of pics. :thumbs:

looks like you packed plenty of stuff. :laugh:

:poke: and ditch the Bungee cords for a pair of good ratchet straps.

Rachet straps? This ain't no Kenworth! (actually I've used bungees for 50 years and you know what they say about old horses and new tricks!). Doyle

i'm super close call me and I'll come take you to a great coffee and dessert place on NW 23rd ave.. it should be on hwy 30 coming in from the coast and st helens area to portland.. it's right by downtown portland..if it's later thats fine to we can do dinner and desert at Papa Hyden's ( Portland catering, fine dining and wedding cakes by Papahaydn ) and have coffee next door and watch the street fare pass by....

Daniel, I'm going as far north as Portland (for some reason I want to sit at an outdoor coffee shop there and "feel the culture"). I won't be that far north for a few days and I did bring your phone # if you'll be around....how far are you from Portland?
Doyle

Back