Frame sliders...yes or no?

sticky6

Registered
I know your not supposed to drop your baby but the mishaps will happen for most people. A buddy suggested when I get my busa to put frame sliders on it. I'm mechanically retarded so I'll probably take it to a shop. Do you guys deem it necessary or rather a good thing to do? If yes, any idea how much it'll cost?

Look into the T-rex no cut frame sliders. I believe around 50 dollars and there is no cutting of your plastics.

Thanks guys.

beachz...sorry about your drop man that sucks!

Sounds like a retart like myself can install the t-rex sliders but judging by my past experience with anything mechanically related I'll probably end up with the engin in my hand after a while :laugh: :laugh:

Speaking from experience, FRAME SLIDERS help a lot specially with driveway tipovers......a MUST IMHO (I also posted in thread above by beachz)

Thank you guys. Bookmarked the link.

Anyone live in Denver to help a mechanically-challenged guy check out some busa's?

my wife installed mine in 15 minutes, you can do it no prob, look at the fairing sticky thread from Blanca Busa get a rear stand and go for it.

my wife installed mine in 15 minutes, you can do it no prob, look at the fairing sticky thread from Blanca Busa get a rear stand and go for it.

Someone has overhauled the oRg again, anyway I need to know where you guys shop for wives. One opens the garage door when you pull up and now there's one that installs frame sliders :poke:

dadofthree said:
Someone has overhauled the oRg again, anyway I need to know where you guys shop for wives. One opens the garage door when you pull up and now there's one that installs frame sliders :poke:

So far mine has bought me a couple things for the bike and she loves to clean and wax it. Also I picked my girl up at Taco Bell (no joke)

My name is Fallen. I have tested the T-rex and can say I would not ride without them. Also the clutch case housing guard also from T-rex. You will need to remove the fairing lowers (see the DIY on this site) and the rest is simple bolt on.

Definitely get frame sliders! I have a 2010 Ninja 250R that I let my sister's boyfriend use (he just got his permit 2 weeks ago). On his first ride, we pulled up to a hilly parking lot. He stalled down shifting, didn't realize it, tried to keep balancing, and by the time he had put his right foot down, it was too late. He was able to let the bike down gently, but if there were no frame sliders, that easily could have been a cracked/scratched fairing without those frame sliders.

No Cuts... I am sorry but I say NO on T-Rex due to personal experience. I have them on my 06 Busa and tipped it over in my garage and BENT the T-Rex thick metal mount that bolts to the frame/engine. Bent it enough it went into the edge of my new cowling! I emailed this company and was told this is normal allowance. A new mount would be $20. WTH! it is supposed to not bend. Sorry but to me.. thats how things get jacked. This was a simple tip over. Not a low side. Imagine if bike was doing 3o plus and low side.. would do more damage than it should. just saying.. I put bent piece in vise and straightened it out. Will look into others down the road. :please:

t-rex all the way. my bike got pushed over they did there job for me nothing bent on mine. I just could not cut a hole in my fairing

Back