Spectated a track day at PBIR today.

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
I decided to go visit and see the track day today at PBIR.

PBIR : Florida Trackdays, Sportbike Trackdays at Homestead Speedway, Jennings GP, and PBIR

Took the wife and son. We parked and were walking toward the bleachers. Lots of 'families' there.
81358552.jpg

Lots of nice bikes pit along the track and it was a really clean area....
4576a952.jpg

0fd16074.jpg

We were enjoying the sights and sounds and I could see my wife really starting to realize it wasn't a bunch of crazies out there trying to kill each. 'what's that on the tires?' she's asked. 'tire warmers.' I reply. 'oh that leather suit looks like it will help protect you.' she says. 'hmmm yes it will.'
She's making conversation and asking questions and I can see her softening on the idea of me doing this without me even asking her. My plan is working to perfection :please: she says 'so this you wanna do on your bike?' I say 'yes it is.' :hide: quiet..... No response...? ??? This is really looking good!

Well we are still walking and talking and almost to the bleachers to actually watch some guys going round.
Note this has happened all within the first fifteen minutes. We are just to the bleachers when all of the sudden.......

Three bike accident going into turn one....
4ce5f5fe.jpg

:(

Silence falls across the track and my wife...

'Unh uh....no way are you doing that! You're gonna get killed!!!!'

:(

So needless to say we had fun but it could not have been worse as far as showing the wife how fun and safe it could be. First time, first few mins, first turn, three bike accident :rofl:

Here's a little video I made after lunch once they got going again...

You almost had her talked into it:laugh: Don't give up. If you take her to a few more maybe she will change her mind. Thanks for sharing:thumbsup:

Good meetin ya there. Yeah bad timing. Accident wasn't that bad though, its just the optics. Talk up the safety gear. Let me know when ya do the track day and I will do it with you, that Busa looked awful lonely out there today.

Good meetin ya there. Yeah bad timing. Accident wasn't that bad though, its just the optics. Talk up the safety gear. Let me know when ya do the track day and I will do it with you, that Busa looked awful lonely out there today.

Hey it was great meeting you and your son today. Wife thought it a bit strange for someone to recognize me as I sat down but I told her she should feel lucky to be with someone famous like myself :laugh:
Yeah right. :)

I do think I'm going to eventually get out there and it will be on the bike I ride daily, Blanca.
It's a chance I'll take but I really don't see lessons learned on the track on a 600 transferring over to a Busa on the street. If I'm going to learn anything it's goin to be on the bike I ride normally.

Agreed, will be good way to learn the limits of the bike before hitting Tenn and Ark. I do see myself getting a ZX 10 R or a GSXR 1k in the near future, project bike.

Hey it was great meeting you and your son today. Wife thought it a bit strange for someone to recognize me as I sat down but I told her she should feel lucky to be with someone famous like myself :laugh:
Yeah right. :)

I do think I'm going to eventually get out there and it will be on the bike I ride daily, Blanca.
It's a chance I'll take but I really don't see lessons learned on the track on a 600 transferring over to a Busa on the street. If I'm going to learn anything it's goin to be on the bike I ride normally.

That looks like fun!!! I've being looking into this for 2 years now and I'm always making excuses.!! The gear.. Prepping the bike... The almost four hour ride from Tampa, etc, etc........ I wish I had a track closer to me!!!

There is an important point to be made with the Dragon regarding the crash you saw - "yes honey, but all three of these riders WALKED AWAY". Learning what your bike CAN do can help prevent the same on the street where a lot of people don't walk away so easily...

Back