'busa vs. multistrada

O Holy P

Registered
Discuss...

Friend of mine just bought one and swears up and down it's the best all around bike out there. I don't doubt it's a nice bike and is probably a strong performer, but I don't think it's quite up to the level of where the 'busa is. He said it would destroy a 'busa stock vs. stock...I just chuckled and said well go find one and see how that works out for ya. I offered to put mine up against it but he said well that isn't stock for stock...ohhh, sorry. Then he proceeds to show me a video of how well it does at a track day and how it's passing all these other liter bikes and other Ducati's and such... here's the vid:
well can the Ducati Multistrada 1200 do at a track day? - YouTube[/url]

I said gee, imagine a 'busa out there..wow! His response: "yea I imagine it would get passed just like the rest of the bikes there"

Since I'm selling mine I offered it to him to add to the stable, and he says (typical) " why would I want a bike that can't turn" .... jeeeeeez - This is a smart guy too, I guess he's just all wrapped up in the Ducati bubble.

I told him he must not know much about the 'busas. He says: "only what they look like in my mirror". Then I asked him if he rides backwards...

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like your pal really drank the kool-aid... Must've believed every word they told him at the stealership.

Facepalm Bear.jpg

Where and When would he like to meet me and my stock Busa?
Is he saying he could take a Busa straight on in a race from get go?
Or just saying he could take one on a track? If its the prior than I'll repeat my first question?
Where and When?

I think a Busa could take the Strada on a track too. Its an adventure bike not a sport bike. If I was the OP I would watch this guy, he is on some kind of drugs and might turn Zombie on him.

I see the bike pass a couple six hundreds but no liter bikes?
And it took him a while to do that.

The Multi is taller and has a 1.9 inch longer wheelbase than the Busa, but the "S" models do have Ohlins suspension. Not to mention they are 88 pounds lighter than a Gen II. They do handle pretty darn well for what they are, but they aren't a real sportbike. In the twisties it would be up to the rider to some degree, but the Busa will definitely pull away in the straights.

I also own the Multistrada, a 2012 1200 S. It uses the same engine as the 1198S, but with a slightly different ECU map and different gearing. I wanted a Dual Sport to do some gravel adventuring, and the popular BMW GS was a let down for me in terms of performance. The handling of the Multistrada is exceptional, and feels like a motard on the track and in the twisties. Due to the sporty engine and handling I outrun all of the current crop of D/S bikes in the straights and in the twisties, and gave a lot of superbikes a hard time on the track. Street fighting light to light, it will get the jump on most sportbikes, due to the gearing and midrange power and the traction control. A standard busa will have to work hard to keep up on the track or in the twisties, but will take the Strada down on the straights.

My busa is no slouch (a K9 with a few mods), and I regularly put the superbikes to shame in the twisties. Choosing between my bikes, I would put the S1000RR first as king in the twists and track. The Strada would come a close second simply because of the motard like handling. However, for riding long distance on mixed type roads I would still pull the busa out of the garage.

So, will a Strada beat the busa in the twisties or on track? Yes it will. Will it beat the 1k superbikes on the track? No.

"entering the turn just past the bridge where he could back it in. Greg is a six time Pikes Peak International Hill Climb champion"

So hes able to get a bike to go around a track better than Rick the dentist, Bob the carpenter and Jerry the parts guy that were on the other bikes? Yep, thats deff just the bike, nothing to do with the rider. :whistle:

Rooster Rider007 said:
"entering the turn just past the bridge where he could back it in. Greg is a six time Pikes Peak International Hill Climb champion"

So hes able to get a bike to go around a track better than Rick the dentist, Bob the carpenter and Jerry the parts guy that were on the other bikes? Yep, thats deff just the bike, nothing to do with the rider. :whistle:

Lmao that's what I was thinking

He said the multistrada is the best all around bike out there ??? I never rode one, but I am sure it is a better all around bike than the Busa most dual purpose bikes are :laugh:

Firstly,both are not in the same category at all.
We must compare apple to apple and orange to orange.
We can all compare till the cow comes home,and there will be pros and cons end of story.

I've seen the Strada on the track. For what it was built for, it's a pretty amazing bike. But I think I could smoke it on my Busa, unless it's being ridden by the six times Pikes Peak champ...

I'd worry more about the long-term reliability and maintenance/parts/service costs.....

I think you friend doesn't quite have a firm grab on how subjective the word "best" is ???

Ask him how many world records, top speeds, as well as track records that Duc has to its credit...I'm betting that might give him a thing or two to think over..:banghead:

Like Skydivr said let's see him put 100k trouble free miles on it.
And Blanca is available local to meet on Sr80.

If you read the beginning of the video you'll find that a team rider was the pilot and he was riding a race bike. From what I observed in the minute and a half I watched was him out braking and out riding the others. Coming off corners the others left him.

Discuss...

Friend of mine just bought one and swears up and down it's the best all around bike out there. I don't doubt it's a nice bike and is probably a strong performer, but I don't think it's quite up to the level of where the 'busa is. He said it would destroy a 'busa stock vs. stock...I just chuckled and said well go find one and see how that works out for ya. I offered to put mine up against it but he said well that isn't stock for stock...ohhh, sorry. Then he proceeds to show me a video of how well it does at a track day and how it's passing all these other liter bikes and other Ducati's and such... here's the vid:
well can the Ducati Multistrada 1200 do at a track day? - YouTube[/url]

I said gee, imagine a 'busa out there..wow! His response: "yea I imagine it would get passed just like the rest of the bikes there"

Since I'm selling mine I offered it to him to add to the stable, and he says (typical) " why would I want a bike that can't turn" .... jeeeeeez - This is a smart guy too, I guess he's just all wrapped up in the Ducati bubble.

I told him he must not know much about the 'busas. He says: "only what they look like in my mirror". Then I asked him if he rides backwards...
He's not your friend, he's your rival. Guys like that always have the best no matter what it is. I don't have friends like that.....me and my buds support each other in our hobby of riding, and we admit the strengths and weaknesses of our bikes. But we also understand we each own our bikes for diff reasons and respect those reasons....and we have a ball riding together.

Everytime I meet a guy like your friend, who wants to be my friend, I kindly blow him off. I don't need friends like that and neither should you :no:

Last edited by a moderator:
I would have to agree with your assessment, kind of like the Harley guys hatin metric guys and vis verse. The dude seems like a ****, least he could do is let you put the Duc through its paces for a day and let you judge yourself.

He's not your friend, he's your rival. Guys like that always have the best no matter what it is. I don't have friends like that.....me and my buds support each other in our hobby of riding, and we admit the strengths and weaknesses of our bikes. But we also understand we each own our bikes for diff reasons and respect those reasons....and we have a ball riding together.

Everytime I meet a guy like your friend, who wants to be my friend, I kindly blow him off. I don't need friends like that and neither should you :no:

Its kinda like playin chess with a pigeon, no matter how good you are, the pigeon is just gonna knock over the pieces, crap on the board, and strut around like its victorious.

Back