Glad I paying attention to FallenArch's bodywork thread...

beachz

Registered
Glad I was paying attention to FallenArch's bodywork thread...

I let the bike fall off the stand in the driveway today. Left side is toast. I had pulled the bike out of my gate and turned my back to close it behind me... and heard that sickening crunch.

Just in case you are wondering, yes the kickstand mod has been done so I don't have any excuses. Apparently I didn't pull it back against the stop like I thought.

Looks like a frame slider would have prevented most of the damage to the plastic. :poke::banghead:

damage.jpg

Dang! That sucks. Hope the damage isn't too bad. I don't know if I would trust Maaco to match those stock colors.......

I almost hit the like button then I thought that was weird, better type

Bummer for your bike, best of luck getting it fixed soon.

reminds me of my old 01....tipped it over in the driveway as I was giving it a bath. Prospective buyer arrived as I was picking up the bike :banghead: and not too far away were the frame sliders I was planning to install :banghead::banghead:

kromdom said:
Bummer for your bike, best of luck getting it fixed soon.

reminds me of my old 01....tipped it over in the driveway as I was giving it a bath. Prospective buyer arrived as I was picking up the bike :banghead: and not too far away were the frame sliders I was planning to install :banghead::banghead:

That would suck

Thanks guys. I am starting to come down a little bit now. I went straight from the driveway to the heavy bag in the top of my garage. That helped! :banghead:

I was waiting for parts to come in for some other mods so she was going on the lift in the next few weeks anyway. Looks like my parts list just got a little longer. :whistle:

Waiting for my insurance girl to get in this morning to talk to her about it. I have the same coverage I have on the sports car although I dont' know what means in the event of "dumbass". With hundreds of thousands of dollars we have given them over the years (we had four teenagers in the house at one time) and no claims, you would think they would take care of me. If that doesn't pan out, I will be doing the prep work and have a friend's shop shoot them for me... and Skeche and I will be working on stickers. :laugh:

Sad and sorry to see that amount of damage to your paintwork.
Sliders will help for sure,no drilling.T-rex is the way to go,but it would be heavier compared to those that need drilling.

Ohhh that sucks big time!!!!!!!!!!! I hope your insurance girl takes care of that!! Get the frame sliders. I just read on another thread that they are on back order. So, it will be 5 to 6 weeks before they send you a set. Good luck!!!

MAN I almost had a heart attack when I scrolled down to the pic. after a few mins of looking at it dosnt look like its as bad as I thought it would be. hope you get her fixed up and ready to roll asap.

Thanks guys. I am starting to come down a little bit now. I went straight from the driveway to the heavy bag in the top of my garage. That helped! :banghead:

I was waiting for parts to come in for some other mods so she was going on the lift in the next few weeks anyway. Looks like my parts list just got a little longer. :whistle:

Waiting for my insurance girl to get in this morning to talk to her about it. I have the same coverage I have on the sports car although I dont' know what means in the event of "dumbass". With hundreds of thousands of dollars we have given them over the years (we had four teenagers in the house at one time) and no claims, you would think they would take care of me. If that doesn't pan out, I will be doing the prep work and have a friend's shop shoot them for me... and Skeche and I will be working on stickers. :laugh:

Insurance is usually pretty good but mine doesn't allow custom paint unless you pay the rider (Maaco is almost as cheap!). I can definitely vouch for the T-Rex stuff, I'm their factory tester now :rofl:

Let me know if you need help with anything.

Willie

Good news... It will be covered under my comprehensive coverage which has a $50.00 deductible. I just have to find time to take it and have it appraised. Hopefully by the end of the week. It won't go back together without T-rex sliders and a Woodcraft cover. :thumbsup:

I will touch base with Justin too and see what he can do for me as far as OEM tupperware.

Thanks for the offer Willie! I very well may leverage your experience. Tim already offered to help me with my forks so it may be a cookout at my house. :laugh: I will probably try and get my table lift to the house and set up before too long.

Thanks all for the moral support!!!

The good thing is if you go back with oem parts the paint will match. Since you have insurance get an estimate done at the local stealers. Order the body parts from Justin here at a good cost I am sure you will come out with a little extra in your pockets for minor mods. Caution chances are the main nose brace/bracket got bent on the fall. Check it carefully. If your inner panels have a gap or not even chances are its bent.

Quick update... Rode the bike to work Friday so I could take it to the stealership for the repair quote. Wow, all I can say is wow! Don't ever let your bike fall off the stand. I have to take it to my insurance company Monday afternoon so they can verify damage and pick up a check. Justin and I have already PM'd so I will be making an order as soon as the money is in the bank.

I also have a pretty extensive shopping list I will also be filling. Once I start pulling stuff off I might as well do what I want anyway. Short list: V&H header, Brembo MC, Speigler lines, new pads, Woolich Racing goodies, Woodcraft, etc...

Got my tires and fork seals from the UPS guy Friday afternoon too so all that will happen as well.

Spent all day yesterday cleaning out the garage to get ready. On my way to my dad's house now to pick up my lift... pics to follow.

Had the dropsy's too with sliders on bench, T Rex are nice and sturdy and take 15 mins to install. I was able to buff most of mine out hard for anyone to tell but still bugs me as I know scratches are there. Will wait to repair as I might go with a custom paint job down the road.

I hear ya!!! Sorry to hear that but I guess it happens. I have dropped the Beemer but it has big tip over wings that take the hit.

I completely understand. I disassembled a complete set of three piece Work VSXXs wheels because the metal flake in the silver on one of the centers was different. No one could have possibly been able to tell the difference when they were mounted but it bugged the crap out of me. Let me tell you, that was a lot of torquing. :laugh:

I will definately be going with the T-Rex sliders!!! :thumbsup:

I have come to the conclusion that a lot of us motorcycle people have OCD, thought the metric world would have less of us but no dice, just as OCD'd as the Harley world. Wonder if there is a psychological phenomenon that draws people with OCD into the MC world or vice verse?

I hear ya!!! Sorry to hear that but I guess it happens. I have dropped the Beemer but it has big tip over wings that take the hit.

I completely understand. I disassembled a complete set of three piece Work VSXXs wheels because the metal flake in the silver on one of the centers was different. No one could have possibly been able to tell the difference when they were mounted but it bugged the crap out of me. Let me tell you, that was a lot of torquing. :laugh:

I will definately be going with the T-Rex sliders!!! :thumbsup:

Back