Problems getting my 01' gsxr 1000 started..

02BusaAndy

Registered
Hey guys, I just picked up a 2001 Suzuki GSXR 1000 that was laid down by a buddy of mine and I can't seem to get it running. I took off all the fairings because they were nearly all scratched and cracked, I checked all the basic thing like a shorted wire and blown fuse but everything is ok. When I turn the key on, the cluster lights up and does it's normal thing. When I hit the switch for the fuel, nothing. No noises or anything. Has anyone ever had this problem or does anyone know what it might be. Before I purchased it, my friend installed a new computer in it but that didn't change anything. Any help would be appreciated..

Tipover switch, clutch switch, kickstand switch? Start with those..

I checked the tipover sensor and it's moving around in their, I even opened it so I knew it was not stuck. I don't think the clutch lever switch would cause the pump to not come on but will check it to be sure, I thought about the kickstand also and will check that out in a few minutes. I'll post back in a little on how it went...

Just checked everything out, clutch switch, tipover sensor and the kickstand switch, all are good. I just don't know...

I have the same problem, but my fuel pump is priming and everything. I dunno wht else to do to mine that i havent already done.

Back