fork seal help

card16969

Registered
I am used to completely tearing down forks in order to do seals, well this time i decided to just remove the cartridge scrub everything down and replace the seals. Now im used to pumping the dampener rod till fluid comes out solid to bleed the cartridge. How do i do bleed it when just doing the cartridge removal? I have reassembled the fork all i have to do is add fluid and bleed it..... but how do i do it with this way of doing it?

Or check Goldenchild and while you have them apart change out your valves and springs to some racetech

You need a bleeding tool, with out it it's a pain in the azz

Dang Card I thought you were a motorcycle mechanic by trade?

TwoBrothersBusa has a thread on "How To".

With John and SteveO in here, I'll bow out to their skillz. :laugh:

Tuf's tech support walked me through mine when I did it. Good luck!

Do a search for TwoBrothersBusa's thread on fork seals made simple. Gives step by step with photos.

The cartridge must be installed to bleed it, there is no other way!

Ordered my seals last Friday. I will be doing them in the next couple of weeks or so. Thanks for all of the feedback and previous write ups gang! :thumbsup: I will also be doing front pads, oil change, tires (Q2s), some ECU editing, and polyurethane cush drive.

im going by twobrothers method thats why im trying this way i pumped the cartridge to empty out all the oil but it doesnt go over how to bleed the cartridge, unless your just emptying the cartridge and filling the fork with oil and compressing the fork once assembled to fill the cartridge. Thats my question is do you just empty it completely reassemble and fill and pump the fork to fill the cartridge?

So since your cleaning the forks, are going to upgrade them, or are you putting back together stock?

Ps here is a link for you! Fork Service Tool Kit

Right now im just replacing seals because i dont have the money to upgrade them, but over the winter im going to change out to heavier springs and revalve them because im a big boy lol. Ill pick up that fork service tool kit then, Thanks for the link

im going by twobrothers method thats why im trying this way i pumped the cartridge to empty out all the oil but it doesnt go over how to bleed the cartridge, unless your just emptying the cartridge and filling the fork with oil and compressing the fork once assembled to fill the cartridge. Thats my question is do you just empty it completely reassemble and fill and pump the fork to fill the cartridge?

That's what I did. I picked up Fork Oil Level Gauge by Traxxion Dynamics <--- for the next time.

Correct,
In order to use the gauge you must remove the spring. Using TwoBrothersBusa's method you don't remove the spring and you measure the proper amount of oil going back into the fork.

Back