Found some HP!

Deuce_C15s

Registered
Just like the title says "I found some HP" today. I bought my Busa about 3 months ago in North part of Colorado. Well after to riding it around I really wasn't feeling the King of the Mountain HP. It was strong but just not mind blowing. Well I just got home today back in Louisiana. You know, Like sea level again! Where octane levels are higher at the pump and 50-60 cents cheaper per gallon. Holy cow!! The HP difference and the dawg awful pull of the torque is AWESOME!! I love it!

High elevation kills hp bigtime. When I moved from sea level to 5000ft up and bought my busa I thought something was wrong with it........it had nowhere near all the supposed power it was so legendary for. In fact it felt kinda slow :banghead: Once I modded it up good it was tons better, but riding back down to sea level for a day trip showed me the bike was just fine....it was just being almost a mile high that made it feel slow.
I turbocharged my zx14 to cure the high altitude blues :cheerleader: :thumbsup:
I might just do the same to the busa :laugh: and I think my gixxer 11 might get nitrous :beerchug:
High altitude sucks :banghead:

i remember my 1st power wheelie :laugh:

:whistle: and pogo wheelies down Blanca's street when my throttle rocker got the best of me! :rofl:

I just found this out over the weekend while I was in North Carolina riding the mountains.

Just at around 3800' I went hard on the gas in 1st and rather then lifting at around 5K it took around 8500 and was like WTF? Did I get some bad gas! Then I realized I was in higher elevation. I am spoiled now if I ever move anywhere in higher elevation I would have to go turbo to atleast get them power wheelies back

Back