Can or can-not

mistaforty

Registered
How do you guys feel about can ams? im usually a "rider is a rider" type of guy but 2 guys came by me at about 100 mph (i was in the truck) and it just looked stupid and halfway dangerous like they may tip over weaving thru traffic....I guess it just looked unnatural. and now u can even get your m-class license on them... I like t rex's but can ams just seem goofy to me.

I posed this question to another forum which is mainly stunters so I wondered what you guys would say.

I haven't been on a Spyder but my dad rode one a couple of years ago and said it was the worse feeling "thing with handlebars" he had ever ridden. I think it has it place... just not under a motorcyclist.

A lady I know at work currently rides a big Harley trike and is looking to by a Can Am. I think it will be perfect for her given her experience and true desire to ride. She would not feel comfortable on two wheels but never misses a chance to put on her helmet and gloves.

I've never ridden one and have never liked the way they look until the one I saw last night. It was flat black and had red wheels with baby moon hub caps on the front. It also had some small red detail here and there. He was obviously going for the old school hot rod look and believe it or not, it acutally worked on the Spyder. It actually looked good. I agree with the above post though, I don't think it should be classified as a motorcycle. Is the T-Rex considered a motorcycle?

I think you can take your test on one. Juli really likes one and if "ever" buy another bike for her, that might be it. Go test ride one if your curious.

To me laying it over is at least 3/4 of the fun. If you are going to battle the elements you may as well have 3 dimensions of freedom, otherwise get a cage and be safer. Now if someone made one with a turbo busa engine ???

just MHO!

I rode a neighbors 1time and that was enough. Handles worse than a badly setup full bagger, the brakes are atrocious and be ready to make fuel stops every 100 miles on the highway.

From my dunce stool :cookoo:

Its okay for cripples or the balanced challenged to try to get into the wind, buddy had one for a few months he rode at the back of the pack then sold it.

In Idaho I think you can take the test on one but, there is a code on your license saying you are redistricted to a trike. Then again here there is no graduated license meaning you can take your test on a DR250 and then you are rated for a Busa, gold wing, full bagger Harley. We also have a separate course for mopeds, well same course just tighter turns.

Looks interesting and I would like to at least test ride one, but with a tripod setup if there is something in the road you will hit it.

You can take your road test on one and get your "M" but it comes with the restriction you can only drive 3 wheeled bikes. If you want to ride a motorcycle you have to take the test on 2 wheels for there to be no restrictions.

My ex use to have one and for me it was a blast to ride. The handling of it was unreal. It does look funny going through turns but that thing will stick to the road. I think if I ever get another bike it would be one of the spiders. I love the T Rex just cant afford it :laugh: Here is one a guy had that road with us last week. I don't want one loaded like this

DSC_0002.jpg

I think they're cool looking, I might even take the wife on a test drive for kicks :laugh: But I'm used to big power, and last I heard they were running a 90 or so hp 1000cc v-twin trying to pull the weight of 2 1/2 busa's around......doesn't sound to thrilling in the acceleration department ???

A good friend has one and uses it all year. We get winter here in Newfoundland. He will ride in anything but draws the line at deep snow and temps below -9C. He has over 60000KM on it and loves it. Ive ridden both the sport version and the fully loaded ones. For me it rides like a snowmobile on the road. I think once you get used to it you can have a lot of fun. I found the steering a bit touchy and I think it needs a bigger engine, especially on the loaded touring version. We had one on the bike training lot last year and we tried everything to get it out of control and could not do it. I think they definately have a place for riders. Personally I don't think its for me but I would certainly take one over a Harly Trike any day

To me laying it over is at least 3/4 of the fun. If you are going to battle the elements you may as well have 3 dimensions of freedom, otherwise get a cage and be safer. Now if someone made one with a turbo busa engine ???

just MHO!

But Willie they are very difficult if not impossible to drop on a hill in Robbinsville :)

A buddy of mine had one until last night when it threw him into oncoming traffic in a sharp curve. The traction control kicked in and killed the ignition unsettling the chassis and pushed him across the center lane. Dont do it unless you are just a cruiser.

Back