Need help!!

jumbojimbo

Registered
I'm considering a slip on from hot bodies (megaphone). I have been reading for 3 hours now and there is nothing but mixed info. If I fit these on to my 2011 busa, will I need to make any modifications? Power commander? Ecu tuning? Some say yes and others say no. Will I lose any torque or horse power? I'd really appreciate help from someone who knows and not someone who "thinks". As I said I've been reading mixed info for three hours now and I just need some definite answers (if there are any). Thanks guys this forum has been a great help to me do far and I seriously appreciate it.

WARNING: be ready for dozens of different opinions which may only add to your confusion....like mine below.

If you put the hotbodies megaphone slip-ons on your bike only: you will not lose HP/TQ, you will not need a PC or ECU. Obviously, you will have weight reduction, change in looks and sound, marginal power gains (because the STOCK HEADERS are the restriction)

on my 3rd Busa now (and I think my 10th sportbike): Bikes that I did slip-ons only ran FINE with stock filter and stock tune.....NOTHING ELSE DONE.

On bikes that I put a FULL system on: I used an aftermarket filter, PC with canned map/tune and bike ran fine as well.

FWIW, on my 09 NOW: have a V & H headers, Yosh R-77 s/p, BMC filter and PC V with canned tune and bike runs great.

NOTE: ideal is a DYNO tune in the hands of a tuner proficient or experienced with Busas.

I have a friend who had them on his gen2, and the bike runs ok and it's sparkplugs look fine. The bike is noticeably a little sluggish down low now, from losing some backpressure from the mufflers being gone(with those tips it's basically like running just a header).
You could have it dyno tuned with them and the bike would run better(a good tune can improve a stock bike).
Bottom line, if you're not looking for performance gains and like the looks and extremely loud sound, then you'll be fine.

A good dyno tune will always make improvements.
Is it NEEDED? I say no!
Will a good dyno tuner tell me I'm wrong? Yes, because the bike is a little lean from the factory, and adding any exhaust can lean it more .
However, where are all the untuned bikes with aftermarket exhausts that haven't been tuned?
Are their engine's leaned out and burned down? Nope.
If that were so the salvage yards would be full of bikes with seized engines just because someone put a muffler(s) or full system on them, and that just isn't the case.

i had them on my 2011. no power loss no programmer needed. they are loud. very loud. you might if your really picky have to bend the stock header a little on the kickstand side.

Back