OK time to ride now, license plate arrived and is installed

raydog

Enjoying 1 road at a time
Donating Member
Registered
Kinda the last piece of the puzzle, just in time for this weekend's "Street Vibrations".....just took a little ride, Harley guys (at stoplights) just look at bike and stare like, "what is it?"

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

Doyle, what kind of radiator hose is that?

One of the biggest superstores, catalogs and internet automotive racing centers in the country (you probably know this already) is Summit Racing. It's great that Reno is the West Coast super store so I shop there a lot. Anyways, they have S/S coverline for rubber radiator hose. Because my project required custom length hoses, I got that part of it together, then I matched the lengths, cut the s/s (you need really quality cutters to make sure the s/s weaving gets a perfect edge cut). The the third part is the chrome end fittings that secure the s/s weaving down neatly and uniformly and at the same location, secures it all over the nipple it ends at. It's a lot of work but considerably cheaper than having lines custom produced. You'll see what I'm talking about if you look at the Summit catalog. I considered using the high dollar colored hoses available but since my bike is all black and silver, it didn't make sense to me to pay so much for black lines when I already had black! Hope this answers your question. Doyle

Oh they know what it is :laugh:

You're right, and with the M4 exhaust, open induction and overall "in your face" looks of this thing, it seems to earn kind of a bully respect (of which I'm not seeking). All during this build I never even thought of this bad a$$ image, in a way it's silly and irrevelant, in another, it's a little intoxicating! My gosh, tomorrow is my 65th birthday, I just need to shut up and enjoy the world. Doyle

And where is the road test? (and the "rode" test?) :laugh:

I know, with all the multiple postings I've done and all, I do owe an intense road test done in my local mountains (the Sierras, which I stare at out my back windows!). I have 5 more days of school then before I get sidetracked with two big events (landscaping around my wife's garden and an EIGHT DAY RIDE up the Oregon Coast and into the Cascades on Haybus...that poor girl doesn't get enough attention lately) so, with the black bike I will suit up with my track stuff and SMOKE the Sierras next week! (then report back sir). BTW, big post coming up on this "Oregon Blitz" soon, going alone with camping gear....no motels....I'm too old for this sleeping on the ground stuff but I'm gonna do it! Doyle

Back