190hp Zx10

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
I met this gent thru a local forum and thru course of posts realized he was the dyno tuner for a very large bike dealer right around the corner from me. Met him in person today. Professional, knowledgeable , laid back kinda guy. Per links in his website to magazine articles he owns the first new Zx10 imported and sold in USA. When they realized something was up with all of them and requested bike back he refused and started moddin it. Strong Zx10 for sure. I saw it today when I was up there. Reason I was there was we had been talking about comparing hp numbers from his shops dyno which by the way is mobile, in a trailer and really well done, to the Dyno at Blais Cycle. I'll talk about how the numbers worked out elsewhere as I just wanted this thread to be about him and his bike, which by the way both are very nice.

Figs from his signature on the other forum.
Best Top Speed: 208mph
Best 1/4 mile ET: 9.381 Best 1/4 mile mph:152.78mph

Enjoy the reads.

Here's his website:
Garth285.com

A very well written blog on his engine rebuild:
Garth285.com - My Engine Rebuild Blog

And an org mandatory pic cuz it happened, him on Blanca.
3bee86b2.jpg

A buddy is a ZX10 guy, and was big in the ZX forums, he was tellin me about Garth a few years back, deff cool guy.:thumbsup:

:poke: Common my Brother, What does She make?

im guessing a cam or cpu Oops on the other fellas bike. didn't read his blog. im a little :drinka:
little bikes will not impress me until they start takin close to the 700hp busas have made.

300+ is Kaboom time for most other bikes. :rulez:

:rulez: 184hp? ???
COMMON!!

Well its obvious that Blanca doesn't want to disclose the fact that the white is the slowest...

Rumor has it he turned 98HP at the wheel... He got beat by a Harley Bagger on the way home.. :poke:

Blanca,
I never hear you talk about SBM in Ft.L, or Ace Performance and Sal "The Ice Man".
Have you dealt with either? BOTH make HP happen!!!
190hp ZX10 should be quite the handfull, for sure. I bet you could wheelie it all the way to Key West. :laugh:

Garth is a cool guy. He and my friend Jordan ran top-end out at the spot. Its on one of his videos.

Blanca made same as she did a year ago and same as she did originally after first tune. 180hp sae/185hp std. Torque was 105lb? last time it was checked.
We didn't measure torque. It was really just to see accuracy between the two stores Broward Motorsports and Blais Cycle where I had the work done. BMS uses sae and Blais uses and prints std. My bike made 180hp as you see below and 185hp on Blais dyno using std. Not sure why he uses Garth online but his real name is Shawn.

Here's the chart from yesterday. Sae
BMSDYNORUN531120001.jpg

And here's the chart from last November. I was curious to see what if any change occurred after I removed XTRE. Original dyno tune with XTRE is blue line and red line represents dyno without it. You can see bike is the same and after removal bike lost zero hp which means XTRE added zero hp.
e9c9231c.jpg

Gopro YouTube...

Didn't mention anything about that Bagger that spanked you though.. :poke: :whistle:

Blanca,
I never hear you talk about SBM in Ft.L, or Ace Performance and Sal "The Ice Man".
Have you dealt with either? BOTH make HP happen!!!
190hp ZX10 should be quite the handfull, for sure. I bet you could wheelie it all the way to Key West. :laugh:

Ive heard good things about both. When I got my bike thru one way or another I found Blais. From my first visit there I was satisfied. Don't have that much stuff done that often but once I found a place I was happy with I stuck with them. Read this thread >>> https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gene...lais-cycle-best-performance-shop-florida.html <<<
You'll notice pic of all the trophies. Those were won by Kevin/owner/rider and Ron/mechanic. All on Suzuki. It leads one to believe they know how to do it. Please do not take my lack of mentioning the places you ask about as distrust in them. I just have no exp with them.

I understand. Lots of nightmare stories of SBM on the net. He built a 180hp ZX11 for me back in the day. Overpriced, but he came thru for me. Sal on the other hand, is the go to guy for real world condition tuning, after the dyno. He takes the bike and rides it, makes adjustments and gets results. GOOD recomendation , that guy!!!
I bought my first double bubble off the wall at Blais. Best $70 I ever spent. Put it on in the parking lot and chunked the stock screen.

Back