Good Deal?!? 2005 custom busa

jackmonster1

Registered
Good Deal?!? 2005 custom busa (pics added)

Installed items are as follows,
Power commander 3 usb
Ignition controller
Power commander display/control screen
Electric shifter up/down
Rear view monitor and camera
GPS navigation
high end radar detection
HMF dual high mounts (full system)
4-6 inch swing arm extensions
Approx 300 blue leds
Gear pos indicator (in place of green neutral light)
Viper remote start/alarm
Custom Tobin seat
Custom rear sets
Galfer wave rotors (front&rear)
Braided brake lines (front&rear)
New EBC HH pads (front&rear)
Carbon fiber wind screen
Carbon fiber front fender
Carbon fiber frame covers
Carbon fiber rear hugger & Under tail
Air horns
HID high and low beams
Full NOS system (not hooked up) including progressive controller
Custom HD front fork springs (NY pot hole proof)
There is lots more included like front and rear stands, battery tender,
And jackets, pants and helmets!
full leather jacket and pants
mesh jacket and pants

He is asking 8,500.. it just turned 7,500 miles. I saw the bike in person and it is immaculate. Only needs a battery, but he did start it with a booster.
Original owner bike, seems like a great guy
I'm going to put a down payment on it tomorrow and bring it home next week after the rest of my $$$ comes in.

let me know what you think,
thanks

pictures... believe me i was not impressed by the pics, it looked like the rear was jacked up but in person it's sick... I'm no newbie, never owned a hayabusa but i have rode several. I've been shopping for a while. idk if its too much or....?

5Ke5F25Me3M93Fa3Hfc5lac9e851a5b0219a7.jpg

5I95N45Mc3Ib3m33Ndc5l42a3fd5e5c2a1e54.jpg

5E25He5J33K23Ja3H6c5lfb1eb21949481176.jpg

5N75F95J13E33Na3o3c5lc52e1c8baadf18d9 (1).jpg

I think 8500 is too much. You can get a 2008 or a 2009 for that price. There are a couple expensive mods on it though... All depends on what makes you happy.

I think 8500 is too much. You can get a 2008 or a 2009 for that price. There are a couple expensive mods on it though... All depends on what makes you happy.

Agree with above, click on link below for example:
https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/bikes/164540-2008-hayabusa-kansas-city-mo-64155-7900-a.html

A lot of pricey mods indeed and $8500 does seem reasonable...if you personaly like/want/need those mods. If YES, BUY IT pending the bike passing a thorough inspection by a qualified/trusted mechanic.

It's a little high, but when you consider all the extras and all the time and work put into it, It's not to bad.

One thing is it seems there is a LOT to look at and that might take some of your concentration away when riding, BE CAREFUL.

If/when you get it post more pictures of it.

Re: Good Deal?!? 2005 custom busa (pics added)

I got my 05 for $4800 but it's 100% stock. I've never understood why people pour that much money into a vehicle, then barely use it and then sell it. This would make me suspicious to say the least. Also with a custom bike who knows if all that stuff is in working order? What if ya don't want some of that stuff? Then you have to take it off. I dunno just my .02

I paid $5500 for my 2005 over a year ago, came with full akrapovic Ti exhaust, PC3, and a few other mods... 15k miles, never dropped.

At that price, you're paying almost double for the bike. Hope you really want those mods.

I'm not into all the electronic gadgetry on a bike, never use it and more things for people to want to yank off the bike when you park it. He spent alot of time and money on that bike, too bad he didn't spend more time riding it :banghead:
oh well his loss I guess.......and too bad he had to raise the rear up so much to get the highmount exhausts to fit, shouldn't have needed to do that. I wonder how it rides now?
I would take the 8500 and buy a nice clean low mileage gen2 with a full exhaust and maybe a few other mods :thumbsup:

i've already seen the bike, everything is in PERFECT working order and all was done by the owner, a professional bike mechanic. If i dont want anything thats on it, i'm sure i'll find someone here that does..?

7k tops, assuming you like the mods. Def do something about the rear end height, that thing is monster truckin'!

Hey Jack, I talked to you last night about this bike. There are a lot of nice mods done to it but I do have to agree with some, I think their are to many screens/displays on it and might take away from the riding aspect. And as we all know, anybody that walks by it while it's parked can decide to be a hater and either rip off one or all of the screens or just push it over. Bike is nice and love the color, just looks like a cockpit of an f16.. :suspect:

I am sure its a great bike and runs well. But for that kind of money , i suggest you look at a Gen 2 with or without some mods. That way you have a clean canvass to install the things you actually need. On the contrary , if you need the things on that bike , try getting it around the 8 mark and ride it home.

IMO the $8500 is a tad high, if you like all the mods it should go for anywhere between $7500 and $8,000. If the seller is firm on the price and you really like the bike then buy it, whats $500 in the end....just make sure to have the bike inspected before you buy it. You being happy with the bike is all that really matters, not what you paid for it.

05 LE, LOVE'em !!! I was always told, "you don't EVER get your money back on upgrades when selling" ??

I've never seen another 05 LE in person, other than my own. I've been the only 05 LE at the Spring Bash the last two years.

I want to see pics of her when she's in your possession. As you know, :rulez:

AND_0105.jpg

Back