I know, another Superbyke thread...but this is big!

raydog

Enjoying 1 road at a time
Donating Member
Registered
I am so thrilled at the body of data I just learned! I found a local race shop (dragsters) here in Reno, great guy and he has a $2600 certified 4 pad scale! I told him about the Superbyke and he said "just bring it down, we'll find out all about its weight". When the bike was all set up on the scale system and he read the meter he said, "Well, how much would pi$$ you off and how much would you be happy with?" I answered, "I'll be angry at anything over 500 pounds and very happy at 490 pounds".

He smiled and said, "How do you like 466?" 466 pounds wet with over 1/2 gallon gas in the tank! I am so excited I can't stand it! So many folks have asked about the weight, now we know and it's a 466 pound fully street legal Hayabusa!
Other info is....the front end is 13 pounds heavier than the rear (perfect) and with the kickstand down, the front end gives up exactly 1/2 of it's load to the stand (trivia I guess).

One of the few unanswered issues when comparing this bike to Aprilias, Ducatis, MV's and other so called "nakeds" was "what will it's weight come in at?" Now we know JUST AS LIGHT as it's exotic competition! Viva la Busa! Doyle

:thumbsup:

So how does she ride and handle?? Liter bike feel??

From my dunce stool :cookoo:

You know a full tank of gas is gonna run you about 35 lbs. How much less does the superbike weigh compared to a stock Gen I ?

You know a full tank of gas is gonna run you about 35 lbs. How much less does the superbike weigh compared to a stock Gen I ?

Well, after the weigh in, I went to the gas station and topped it off....it took 3.8 gallons, at 8 pounds per gallon that would make it weigh about 495 (that includes small tankbag). My red Busa, when bone stock and filled up weighed in at 565 pounds. So I think it's about 70 pounds lighter. What I should have done was create a "take off" pile and weigh all that stuff, except it wouldn't include the CZ wheels, Braking rotors differences. I hate to say this but I'm really tempted to design a little featherweight rear subframe and tail section....could be good for 25-30 more! Doyle

:thumbsup:

So how does she ride and handle?? Liter bike feel??

Yeah, what happened (that I was hoping would happen) is that it DID NOT lose its Busa comfort but DID assume the litrebike low mass. I have not even come close to "wringing it out" yet but I'll be posting it's performance soon! Doyle

raydog said:
Yeah, what happened (that I was hoping would happen) is that it DID NOT lose its Busa comfort but DID assume the litrebike low mass. I have not even come close to "wringing it out" yet but I'll be posting it's performance soon! Doyle

That will be an interesting read:thumbsup:

Now that I made the CZ wheels weight loss, Im REALLY curious how much the other trimming did for it. :thumbsup:

I hate to say this but I'm really tempted to design a little featherweight rear subframe and tail section....could be good for 25-30 more! Doyle

How about an early busa aluminum subframe and a race tail. That will keep the busa look and shed some weight.

Back