Ever seen this mod?

flippnswitchez

Registered
Thought this was pretty cool

plates.jpg

yeah but its illegal in most states.. most states modified color in lighting of the plate is illegal as you can actually use modified paint to show different lettering as you switch to different lighting aka black light .. its a pretty cool mod

It's legal in my garage...with the doors down :laugh:

A touch too illuminating for my me though

Definitely cool. That would be more of a show mod though. Im not sure I would want my plate more visible as some said above :laugh:

i agree, last thing i want to do is make my plate easier to read! :laugh:

That doesn't surprise anyone that's ridden with ya :poke: :laugh:

(I mean that in a good way too)

Yeah its an interesting mod but illegal in NY for sure and probably in VA as well. Probably something done for shows ???

modifying plates in most states if not all in the USA is a felony i believe.

Legal and done alot here for cars that don't have lights for license plates. They mount a green light behind the plate, and have I guess clear lettering, so the city, both numbers and kana appear with the lights on.

Name just one state in the US where that would pass as legal.

F3RARI ---> Ferrari? On a motorcycle plate? wtf? :rofl:

Very cool, :thumbsup::thumbsup: But if I am going to put an illegal plate on my bike I prefer the one that makes the numbers disappear rather than appear bright enough to see from orbit. :laugh:

or maybe some james bond stuff, rather from the amount of noise this fold down setup makes I guess I should say it's more like inspector gadget:laugh:

Back