Morning ride....or not....

beachz

Registered
I pm'd this to a couple of orgsters that I had invited on this ride..... but fortunately couldn't go! Thank goodnes because I would have felt terrible dragging them into this.

So here is how our morning ride went:

Wife and I got up early.

Made coffee had time to chill before we had to leave.

Got to the meet up point right on time. (Wife and I on the BMW)

First ones there and it was a beautiful ride.

Waited about fifteen minutes and started calling people. No answer.

Assumed they were on the road... not so much.

Got a return call from one of the girls a couple of minutes later.
She was pulled over on the side of 264 hanging with a trooper because 1)got a ticket for speeding 2) still on her permit and was not with another licensed rider. :banghead: WTF? I thought she had her license and rides very well. :banghead: We have ridden with her before. :banghead::banghead:

The couple she was supposed to be riding with went to a party the night before, drank too much, woke up late with fuzzy heads. They wern't coming.

The other guy she was supposed to ride with had a problem with his bike and begged out.

We had to go meet her before the trooper would let her go and he left a roadside assistant to babysit her until we got there... so he could go nab others.

So we finally find them on the side of the road, thank the RA, and ........... NOTHING! She left the key on an the battery was dead. I had to disassemble the bike and jump it off of the guys car. Arrrg!!! :banghead:

Then we got of the interstate and regrouped enough to have a nice ride to Big Sam's at the beach for breakfast which was also good. It got hot so we escourted our friend to her neighborhood and rode home in insane traffic.

She ended up with a ticket for 72 in a 55 but no ticket for riding on a permit.

All in all we recovered well and had a good morning but not how I saw it in my head. :laugh:

Glad it turned out well. I very rarely ride in a group for that reason. I have a hard enough time finding 1 person to ride with.

Hint: Don't ride with Harleys!

whole different mindset, whole different approach to a days ride.......

fallenarch said:
Hint: Don't ride with Harleys!

whole different mindset, whole different approach to a days ride.......

Not if both minds are about the ride.

ForumRunner_20120527_154642.png

From my dunce stool :cookoo:

ForumRunner_20120527_154642.png

I am glad you got to ride some. SOrry for your troubles but at least you were willing to help. Congrats to you for that. Next time will be better I am sure :thumbsup:

Back