Crazy Rides Today

BUSA CRUSEN

Registered
On my way home from school today I got stung by a freaking bee on my neck...again. I got stung in September last year too. I don't understand how bees seem to hit the tiny area of my neck that is actually exposed.:lol: At least I'm not allergic and can laugh about it.

Later in the day I went up to the mountains with my buddies and the weather was supposed to be nice and sunny all day. Well, we started going up and rain clouds were moving in really quick. The first twenty minutes of the ride we were going through showers and it kinda sucked, but wasn't too bad. Then right at about the halfway point my buddy that was riding with his girlfriend decided that he shouldn't be riding in that weather with her on the bike. So my other buddy decided he had enough too and they both went happily on their way back home. On the way back they ran into rain so heavy they could barely see, thunder/lightning, and hail they said hurt even through their coats.

I kept going because the pass just opened today and I wasn't going to go home without seeing the how much snow is up there. So I get moving up the road about a half mile later it stops raining and gets really nice out for the rest of the trip. I didn't really see any rain except at the end of the ride. I am really glad that I kept on going and as soon as I got home I rubbed it in to my buddies as best as I could. It was so much funnier when they told me what they had to go through. I also watched the weather when I got home and the storm seemed to have the meteorologists scratching their heads. So much for a sunny day. Here are a couple pics of the ride. I'll put some more up when I get up their with Karnage on a nicer day hopefully:laugh:

I also almost got ran over by four trucks in a row that were towing trailers and cutting a sharp corner. I got that one on my go pro:laugh: I got lucky because I was going to take the corner pretty fast and start on the outside (which would have gotten me killed) but at the last second I decided to go slow and moved to the middle of the lane which pretty much saved my bacon. I hate morons!

IMG-20120525-00188.jpg

IMG-20120525-00191.jpg

IMG-20120525-00194.jpg

IMG-20120525-00192.jpg

IMG-20120525-00197.jpg

Man thats a lot of snow. I am glad we don't get it like that. Great pics and thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

I live right at the start of the foothills, but we only get about 6 inches of snow a year (it is mostly just rain). The mountains sure do get a lot though. Right on the other side of the ridge on the first picture is Crystal Mountain (ski resort) so we can have plenty of fun 40 minutes away in the winter. This pass is always closed in the winter because the roads are narrow and go over very big cliffs with only a 2 foot shoulder and no protection. Plus the slopes are very steep and very prone to avalanches.

Back