Backpack or duffle bag

Busa&Coal

Registered
I'm goin on an overnight trip on the bike tomorrow. Question is, should I use a bookbag or a duffle bag attached to the back. The only reason I'd prefer. The backpack is because I love the look of the bike with the hump attached instead of the seat...

my vote goes to a backpack. (I did my first IBA SS1000 with a backpack).

I have tried several backpacks and I just don't like having anything on my back. I prefer having the weight attached to the bike. A lot of my friends ride with backpacks but I just can't do it. I would like not to run the passanger seat too. I guess it's just a personal preference.

Ive had a trunk mounted on the rear and tried the backpack. I also dont care for the trunk or saddlebags on a Busa. I dont mind the backpack. Used the backpack on a 3 day trip to the bash took it off laid it on the hotel and on the way back put it on my back and cruised 115 MPH and a few 170 blast on the 285 mile trip. No issues.
My backpack has a strap that goes across my chest for my stability.

just a few days, back pack, and strap it to the back seat. any more than a few days, duffle it.

:whistle: or if your buddy overloads his bike, you can carry both. :laugh:

2012-05-16_16-59-24_289.jpg

Short trip backpack, long trip sift saddle bags, they pop on and off in seconds and carry right into your room.

You're a dude, right? How much could you possibly need?? A few pair of skiv's, and sox, couple misc clothing pieces, toothbrush, paste, soap.... BACK-PACK. Have a safe ride...

I like a deployment bag. Same a Russ. But for over night strap a backpack down with bungi and go.

if you don't want to carry the pack on your back but want the hump too, put the hump in the duffle bag along with your stuff and strap it down...then, put it on the bike when you get where you are going and take the duffle bag off :beerchug:

I like a deployment bag. Same a Russ. But for over night strap a backpack down with bungi and go.

:please: Never, Ever, Ever, use Bungee cords to secure a load to a motorcycle my Friend! :rulez:
i have seen it go really bad more than once.
use a quality ratchet strap.

Back