When to get new tire?...........

tracks

Banned
I have about 9,000 miles on this rear Michelin 2ct and was wondering how to tell when you need new tires?
It looks like the sides have plenty of wear left but the middle is getting kinda bold, i gues i am not leaning enough:laugh:

ImageShack Links Do Not Work

its time, you need to go ahead and get one ordered and put on. if you got 9000 out of it, you got your moneys worth. :) Try a Michelin Pilot Road 3, you will like it.

There are wear bars on the tires. When you get to them it's time to change. Looks like you're way past that point.

The onlyway you can run that tire is if you only go up and down Tail Of the Dragon without dropping below 55 MPH! If any of the wear bars (mark in between the tire grooves) is flush with the tread, its time to replace it.

9K miles out of a 2CT geeeze,, You need to run the Pilot Road 3, with your type of riding style.:beerchug:

9k miles out of a 2ct, and they still have the mold release compound on the outer half of tire. ??? You must have a long straight driveway and only use the bike to check the mail. :laugh:

9k miles out of a 2ct, and they still have the mold release compound on the outer half of tire. ??? You must have a long straight driveway and only use the bike to check the mail. :laugh:

I do lean but not far enough I guess, with my fat azz i am afraid i might fall off the bike if i lean too far

I think you should replace the tire with more of a touring tire so that it doesn't go so flat in the middle.

Does anyone have any experience with Continental Rear Conti Road Attack sport touring tires?

0000-Continental-Conti-Road-Attack-Sport-Mileage-Radial-Rear-Tire---.jpg

You will not be disappointed with the Michelin Pilot Road 3, on my second set now, and ran 2 sets of the road 2s before the 3s came out.

You will not be disappointed with the Michelin Pilot Road 3, on my second set now, and ran 2 sets of the road 2s before the 3s came out.

Yes, i am thinking of getting that tire after reading some good reviews.

I just got one more question: When you guys buy tires do you buy two rear to every one front?

I've got Avon Storm Ultra on mine. Had 3,000 miles on it when I left for the bash.
Put 2,000 miles on it there and back and it still looks fine. I'll get 10k out of these things!

Before Bash...
25332921.jpg

After Bash...writing on sides is gone :) but still look fine...
e4c1fe7f.jpg

I just got back from "Dennis Kirk" store with new tire.
thirty dollars cheaper than the pilot road 3. I hope i made a good choice, same tire as BlancaBusa:laugh:

tracks said:
I just got back from "Dennis Kirk" store with new tire.
thirty dollars cheaper than the pilot road 3. I hope i made a good choice, same tire as BlancaBusa:laugh:

Just had a new set of Storm 2 Us put on. Been running them for several years. I got 7100 miles out of the last rear. You will be happy with your choice:thumbsup:

From my dunce stool :cookoo:

I have about 9,000 miles on this rear Michelin 2ct and was wondering how to tell when you need new tires?
It looks like the sides have plenty of wear left but the middle is getting kinda bold, i gues i am not leaning enough:laugh:

Holy Crap. Mine look like that at around 2600 (BT023) or 1600 (BT016) miles). How do you guys milk that kind of mileage out of these tires on this bike? You bunch of Grannies!

Back