Removing Sticker Adhesive

piratediverjefff

Registered
When i removed the graphics from my 2011 and left some of the adhesive behind i had a hell of a time getting it off(tried everything short of a belt sander:laugh:).Was just browsing over on Brocks site and a guy with the same issue said someone suggested using Rain X,which he tried and reportedly the adhesive residue came right off.

^^^ works every time! :thumbsup:

3M makes a remover that works really well even during the process of removal. The guy that put the clear bra on my 370Z used it to take off the dealership stickers for me. I was going to get a can from him but he was using his last one. I never got back up there to get a can. But, for the residue you are dealing with, WD40 is the easy answer.

thanks for the info guys as I will be removing the stickers from my 2011 and slapping on custom ones made by our friend Skeche. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I've always used Goo-Gone, but I think WD-40 would do just as well... :thumbsup:

Some of the bits(almost like a rubber cement substance)came off fairly easily but i had a patch about the size of a pack of smokes that seemed different and was my problem area.I tried saturating it with Goo Gone,WD-40,etc. and didn't seem to help so finally had to resort to some Mothers Scratch Remover and still took probably a 1/2 hour to finally get it off(naturally i had to have the hassle:laugh:).

A hair dryer, a little rubbing alcohol, and the fingernail of your choice... That's all you need to neatly remove all the warning stickers and/or other stickers from your Busa.

Worked for me anyway...

If you choose to use Goo-Gone, DO NOT mistakenly grab goof off as goof off will melt the plastic!!! Word from the wise:laugh:

Back