Superbyke, girl's got new sunglasses!

raydog

Enjoying 1 road at a time
Donating Member
Registered
My German connection told me it would be another month until I received the streetfighter type windscreen from Europe....it freekin came today! It fit on the bike as though the designer knew what final bike it would be fitted to! I am so pleased, really completes the profile, my daughter took some pics while I installed it, also notice the tankbag, magnetic, small but big enough for cell phone, camera, ID and piece. OK, I'm gonna go test the level of wind deflection at "higher speeds" (you know, 50-55 mph or so). Doyle

IMG_0033.jpg

IMG_0035.jpg

IMG_0037.jpg

IMG_0040.jpg

IMG_0034.jpg

IMG_0036.jpg

IMG_0038.jpg

IMG_0041.jpg

:thumbsup:Very nice...

Did you decide not to run but one bar end mirror... or was the other one just not installed during these pics.. ??

:thumbsup:Very nice...

Did you decide not to run but one bar end mirror... or was the other one just not installed during these pics.. ??

No, my mechanic moved locations to a bigger shop the same week as the Busa was completed and he "misplaced" the 2nd mirror. Only one mirror is required in Nevada but I really want the 2nd one to show up so I can install it. The optics on those little things are amazing, and being so wide to the bike, the field of vision is unobstructed. If he cant find it, looks like another order from Germany is in store! Doyle

Nice work dude. How is it riding with no fairings?

That seemingly tiny little windshield REALLY makes a huge difference. At 80 mph I put my hand just at the top edge of the windscreen and noticed two things....very still air behind it and at an oblique angle right up to my shoulders, secondly, the airflow above that is constant with NO buffeting. I think that it'll be surprisingly comfortable on longer rides! Now, sitting up at the end of the straightaway (into a 140 mph windblast) will be totally different, I think I will have to change my technique to a little braking first THEN sitting up! Doyle
ps one other thing I should mention, besides any weight savings, the bike without fairings seems so much smaller and manuverable (upright superbike type bars also helps). There doesn't seem to be as much motorcycle.

i noticed that also, that the bike FEELS smaller and more narrow without the plastics, almost feels just like a smaller 600 or 1000. although i have noted the comfort and support of legs does seem to be missing without the plastics.

i noticed that also, that the bike FEELS smaller and more narrow without the plastics, almost feels just like a smaller 600 or 1000. although i have noted the comfort and support of legs does seem to be missing without the plastics.

Exactly, a friend of mine let me ride his gsxr 1000 at the track and, after the faired Busa, it felt so tiny and light, I get that same feeling on this thing, quite a bit more ""flickable"....so who needs a literbike anymore! (kinda kidding but kinda truthful!). Re: the legs, I've ridden so many naked bikes in my past, to me, it's like riding a bicycle, you never forget, muscle memory or something. Another thing, dragging a knee will feel quite different because there is so much added visibility of your leg and it's surroundings down there, track should be fun.

Back