Iron butt ride

sleepless_red

The artist formerly known as "sleeper_red"
Donating Member
Registered
:thumbsup:I'll be doing my first Iron Butt ride of the year on Sunday, the 27th, as long as the weather permits. I'll be going solo since my buddy can't make it this time. I'll take a longer route on my way back to make it over 1K miles.:laugh::thumbsup:

Here's where I'm going....
View attachment 1557238

Best of luck, ride safe and have fun. This should be a piece of cake for you man...more like a warm-up run.
P.S. I will be attempting my 2nd SS1000 next week :please:

About time Jesse. :bowdown: We've been reading about your exploits too many times over- they should give you an honorary one!

This year will be the first officially sanctioned Iron Butt Rally put on by the Pashnit Touring Co

I can't wait, I picked up the phone one day and it was Mike Kneebone, that was quite an honor to talk to a legend in long-distance touring community!

Anyone near Nevada in September, check out our crazy new idea... 1000MileDay.net. We actually have a bunch of riders signed up to do this already. Long Distance Touring riders are a sub-culture inside a sub-culture.

NutCracker1000 - The 1000 Mile Day | Pashnit Motorcycle Tours

If I read your map right you are stopping at the border of Canada, is that right?

Must be nice to have a wife that lets you go because she knows it's a passion of yours.

I'm still waiting on my Corbin seat. Then I might be able to ride ½ of what you are going to do.

Have a great ride and post lots of pictures for use to drool over.

Also check you gas mileage for us if you will.

Also don't blink or you will miss your bike rolling over 100,000 miles :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Well thanks big E for the offer. But I need tires and without riding much lately I don't think my bodies up for it! couldn't it just be a half-a-iron but sleepless?? But again Big E, thanks for making me feel like a bagina!! :moon:

I got an invite to run down to the dragon, 11 hrs, 10 min according to google, oh, & back the next day. I want to go, hope I can stand up straignt on the 3'rd day...I'd like to take the Strom, but I want the Busa when I get there:cheerleader:

awesome, if you were coming closer I'd ride out to join you, you are going entirely way farther west of me, though it seems like you are going to ride right through Froggy's backyard :thumbsup:

Have you done any of the Tour of Honor rides as part of your IBA rides?

Back