Becareful when purchasing products / Fixing Titanum???

busa_chris

Registered
I recently purchased from a guy on this site and really got screwed over :banghead:. I have all the backed up text messages and pictures of what he had promised. Now I have a complete Brock's performance system that looks like it was attacked by a beaver (fixing scratches and dents $100 + my time), missing half the hardware (another 100+). I also received a power commander that I have not checked yet. Make sure to go through PayPal! Just a heads up! Does anyone know a good way to get scratches and dents out of Titanium? Any help with be much appreciated.

Thanks Guys!

I know the exact system your talking about as I got same pictures..you can sand and hand polish scratches out, but the dents you will have to re sleeve or get someone with puller rods to try and get them out..

Well he never posted images and said everything was perfect and only had 600 miles on the system. He sent pictures and everything and it looked good. I heard titanium is pretty pliable. They dents aren't that bad but not good. I will try and post pictures when i get home.

I always use paypal.Safe and it covers your ass.Ti can be polished like aluminum I think.Dents are another issue.

WOW, that sucks...Shocker. People will actually lie and not disclose the true condition, even here. :whistle:

Shame. Sorry for your misfortune.

PayPal will not always protect you.

True statement...which is why from personal experience, I only use Paypal backed by a credit card. If anything goes CRAP in the deal, I dispute charges directly with my CCC.

OP, bummer you had a messed up transaction. Curious if seller has been contacted and what he plans to do to rectify the situation.

Yes, what is the status of this?? If he is unwilling to step up, then post his name se we can all see who it is.

And then please don't delete the thread. (mods)

There was something similar the other day about a swingarm and I posted on the thread. went back later to see what had happened and now it does not exist...........

If you can post both the pictures he sent you and the pictures of how you received it.

May have a small claims case in the making.

So sad that someone would want to shaft you or anyone else on this forum.

Aren't we all here to get or give help?

And then please don't delete the thread. (mods)

There was something similar the other day about a swingarm and I posted on the thread. went back later to see what had happened and now it does not exist...........

I am guessing the reason why THAT thread got deleted: buyer WAS TOO HASTY in blasting the seller publicly....turns out there was a mix-up and NO MALICE on the seller's part.

Oh man I knew someone would call me out eventually :banghead:

Just kidding, it's not me :laugh:
I had a dude flip out on me once and post a crazy thread. Oh boy was that fun.
Thought he was getting a brand new/mint yoshi exhaust system for 160 bucks... :cookoo:

If you can post both the pictures he sent you and the pictures of how you received it.

May have a small claims case in the making.

So sad that someone would want to shaft you or anyone else on this forum.

Aren't we all here to get or give help?
The only thing I've ever bought used from a forum member was a turbo system (I know, big purchase lol)......BUT, I used a credit card and went through the kit maker, who verified the kit's condition, and added the rest of the parts to make it a complete bolt-on affair. Transaction went perfectly :thumbsup:
Honestly I'd rather buy new at sales or clearance prices, from a business that accepts credit cards, than used from a stranger with no protection. Only time I buy used normally is if I can see the item first....or know the seller personally.
BTW have never purchased an item from a private seller on E-Bay either :laugh:
And post up the name of the guy that ripped you off OP, so he can't keep ripping people off on here.........why protect him ???

that sucks... i wont lie i trust ppl on here based on the fact were a close group on here and i hate seeing stuff like this happen

The only thing I've ever bought used from a forum member was a turbo system (I know, big purchase lol)......BUT, I used a credit card and went through the kit maker, who verified the kit's condition, and added the rest of the parts to make it a complete bolt-on affair. Transaction went perfectly :thumbsup:
Honestly I'd rather buy new at sales or clearance prices, from a business that accepts credit cards, than used from a stranger with no protection. Only time I buy used normally is if I can see the item first....or know the seller personally.
BTW have never purchased an item from a private seller on E-Bay either :laugh:
And post up the name of the guy that ripped you off OP, so he can't keep ripping people off on here.........why protect him ???

I buy tons of used or second hand stuff. I win some and I win some more :laugh:. I never buy at a price that I cannot at least fix it up and recoup my money if necessary. Half the time if I change my mind on a project I can resell the stuff for a little more than I bought it for...

You just have to learn the game and choose your purchases carefully and wisely. I have yet to have anything but excellent deals and transactions with very upstanding people on the Org :thumbsup:

Same principles apply to eBay which has saved me THOUSANDS of dollars on buying items. I have bought hundreds of items off eBay, only to be screwed once which was my first purchase on ebay back in 2005. I did not know any better then and I lost maybe 50 bucks :laugh:. Since then I have yet to ever be screwed.

I buy tons of used or second hand stuff. I win some and I win some more :laugh:. I never buy at a price that I cannot at least fix it up and recoup my money if necessary. Half the time if I change my mind on a project I can resell the stuff for a little more than I bought it for...

You just have to learn the game and choose your purchases carefully and wisely. I have yet to have anything but excellent deals and transactions with very upstanding people on the Org :thumbsup:

Same principles apply to eBay which has saved me THOUSANDS of dollars on buying items. I have bought hundreds of items off eBay, only to be screwed once which was my first purchase on ebay back in 2005. I did not know any better then and I lost maybe 50 bucks :laugh:. Since then I have yet to ever be screwed.
I agree shopping smart makes a big diff :thumbsup:
I'm not the kinda guy who buys alot for my bikes, usually just the typical performance mods like pipe, pc, filter, gearing, speedohealers, alarms etc. And I keep my bikes for a VERY long time, so I prefer brand new, perfect condition items, and in the case of electronics I'd much rather have new than used. I'm very good at finding awesome prices on new stuff, and don't buy often since I keep bikes so long, so for me that option works VERY well. If a person goes through bikes quicker, or likes to buy lots of extra's for their bikes, some savvy shopping on used stuff could def save some money.
My sisters also an e-bay addict....loves to get on there and shop :laugh:

I am guessing the reason why THAT thread got deleted: buyer WAS TOO HASTY in blasting the seller publicly....turns out there was a mix-up and NO MALICE on the seller's part.

And that is great to hear, but if the thread is gone completely, we have no way of knowing! At least modify the title and put a conclusion on the end for all to see.

That really sucks. The whole idea of buying used goes down the drain if you have to spend more money to bring it up to usable condition. I have picked up some great deals here with very genuine members but have also encountered some which just dint go well with my head. With second hand market , its a hit or a miss i feel. But since the possibility of buying something that you want at half the price is too enticing its easy to overlook the danger that could be involved in the transaction.

Back