Galfer front brake line help

Stilslo

Registered
Can someone with the galfer front brake line kit post up a pic at the master cylinder and each caliper please. I have them installed and everything looks ok. I just want to make sure before I start bleeding.

as long as you have the end that says master towards the master and you have crush washers on each side of the line you are fine

The install was pretty simple and I think I'm fine. The way I'm reading the directions, the 12 degree bend for the left caliper goes on closest to the master cylinder and then the strait line for the right. That did not make sense to me so I ran it opposite and everything lined up fine.:dunno:

Don't know if this helps, but here's some pics of the Pashnit Busa install. :thumbsup:

Dsc00241_900.jpg

Dsc00297.jpg

Dsc00280.jpg

Dsc00409.jpg

Dsc00411.jpg

Dsc00414.jpg

Dsc00241_900.jpg

Dsc00297.jpg

Dsc00280.jpg

Dsc00409.jpg

Dsc00411.jpg

Dsc00414.jpg

I did a lot of searching thru old threads before putting these on. The most common advice was to pick up a mityvac to bleed the lines. Naturally I told myself I don't need no stinkin mityvac. After trying to bleed the brakes for an hour and a half this evening......I'll be picking up one of them there mityvacs tomorrow:laugh:

I got mine to bleed with out the mityvac. I did it the old fashion way and it did take a while. Seems like you are doing just fine. :thumbsup:

If it took an hour and a half i'm thinking you ran out of fluid a few times, I bled bothe front and rear lines in less than 20 minutes. There's a few little tips and tricks you learn over the years of tinkering with them. Good to see you got braided lines though, they're awesome

I used my mity vac and had the calipers bled in 20 minutes also.The master took forever to pump up since it doesnt have a bleeder on it.

Bleeding the fronts went easy. I decided to put fresh fluid in the rear while I was at it and thats where the trouble started. I was not paying attention and let the master cylinder run dry. I can't get the air out of the rear line. Should have stopped while I was ahead.

I had my wife bring me a large syringe from the animal hospital. Put a piece of clear hose on it, sucked it full of fluid, and put the hose on the bleeder. I then pumped the fluid from the caliper to the master. THen I bled it like normal.

Ten minutes tops!

The safety check is to lift the front so the forks fully extend and make sure there is some slack left in the lines. I believe galfer has a right and left side and the left side is a tad longer. If I remember correctly the angle of the fittings on the caliper ends are different. If you get them backwards on the Gen II then you can't get the upper caliper bolt out to remove the caliper.

Just couble check to make sure the upper caliper bolt (Gen II Only) is not restricted for removal and be damn sure you have slack in the lines when the forks are fully extended or you may pay a heavy price!

The safety check is to lift the front so the forks fully extend and make sure there is some slack left in the lines. I believe galfer has a right and left side and the left side is a tad longer. If I remember correctly the angle of the fittings on the caliper ends are different. If you get them backwards on the Gen II then you can't get the upper caliper bolt out to remove the caliper.

Just couble check to make sure the upper caliper bolt (Gen II Only) is not restricted for removal and be damn sure you have slack in the lines when the forks are fully extended or you may pay a heavy price!

Thats a great tip. I checked the lines moving the handlebars side to side, but didn't think about fork extension.

Back