Chinook Pass is opening soon!!!!!

BUSA CRUSEN

Registered
It is supposed to open this Friday, so I will be heading up there. If anybody else is from the area and wants to go let me know. it is right next to Mt. Rainier for those that don't know. It still depends on the weather and if the pass opens on time (we might get snow up there this week). Just let me know, I'll be watching the weather. I will definitely post some pics of the ride up there when I go.

I work this weekend.My bike should be back together in a week hopefully and I will gladly join you on a ride up there.:thumbsup:

If you can't make it on the first trip I will go whenever. I go up there all the time since it's so close and I think the pass is one on the coolest places to go. Just let me know when you can make it.

It's entirely possible that most on this board don't understand the awesomeness of Chinook Pass.

Last year, I did a hot lap around the Olympic Peninsula and had intended to ride highway 12 around Mt. Rainier. The road was under some major construction, so I took 410 over Chinook Pass instead. The sky was clear and that view of Rainier when I came over the top was a sight I'll never forget.

I've ridden a high percentage of the roads in the western USA over the past years, and Chinook Pass will probably be in my top 10 for the foreseeable future.

Put up some pics!

googled it, interesting road would be nice vacation road trip for us living in the flat swamp lands of the south. :thumbsup:

Great pics of what they go through to get that road usable asap :bowdown:

Back