Picture of the Day - Downtown Tunnel Norfolk/Portsmouth Va. aboard B-King

brpo

Registered
Did a 493 mile loop today participating in the Virginia Grand Tour. Beautiful day for a ride:)

And now for the bad - 8 mile back up at the Hampton Roads Tunnel/Bridge:( Total shut down...

GOPR6982.jpg

GOPR7073.jpg

The first pic looks as if its out of a sci fi movie. :thumbsup: The second brings you back to reality.

Now take that second pic to your State Representative and ask them to start a bill allowing lane splitting in your state. :laugh:

Tell them that a lot of bikes are air cooled and even some liquid cooled bikes will over heat and allowing them through would
keep them from becoming a bigger problem if they over heated and caused another (bigger) traffic problem. :laugh::laugh:

How long did it take you for your 493 mile loop?

I plan on going to St Louis next month and it is a few mile less that what you did on your loop.

Love the pics. Lived at Langley AFB for four years and hated the driving. I just couldn't get over how they could ever think shrinking a 4 lane higway into two through a tunnel would ever work.

My parents live there and won't go across the bridge unless its an emergency . Its always screwed up ! Cool PIc though !! :thumbsup:

Like the rest I love the tunnel pic. I know about those traffic jams. We have the same setup down here (tunnel to bay bridge) in Mobile and it can be a PITA sitting in traffic like that not being able to go any where.....especially when ya gotta pee. :laugh:

Back