Hotbodies megaphone exhaust, need help!

L4zarus

Registered
I have 2011 hayabusa and just received my hotbodies megaphone exhaust. Only problem is the tube on the kickstand side seems to not go far enough on. I can't shift from N to 1st because the kickstand won't go up high enough and the safety thing kicks in and stalls the bike. I'm not sure if there's a problem with the product or if I need to hammer the exhaust on further because it doesn't seem to budge anymore. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

I had the same exhaust on my 08 busa and the kickstand side had to be dented in a lil in order for the kickstand to go up completely. Mine was like that when I purchased the bike from the previous owner so I didnt do it myself but I did notice that's what had to be done. maybe someone can chime in and give you an alternative to denting the exhaust. GL

Thanks for the info man! I am looking for other ways if there are any though. Don't really want to have to dent something I just paid $250 for :banghead:

it's a cheap fix if you want the bike to be loud "i have it on mine" no power gain what so ever, but she does sound good....yeah you have to put a small dent on it where the kick stand hits, take a small rubber hammer or mallet, give it a few hit and you should be good...can't even notice it on mine:thumbsup:

I actually took a nut and taped it on the kickstand where the part hits the little button to keep it pushed all the way in :laugh: Problem solved!

I guess the easiest way to do it would be take a large socket place it against the pipe and give it a solid whack. that would give it a nice even curve versus random mallet strike.

I have the hotbodies exhaust. I had the same problem, then I stepped back and seen the pipes were crooked.
I stuck a 1/2" breaker bar in each muffler and tweaked it till they were even on both sides. The very end of the kickstand still hits but the shifter clears ok..

bend the header alittle not much...also use the socket and give it a wack fixes it right up.

I actually took a nut and taped it on the kickstand where the part hits the little button to keep it pushed all the way in :laugh: Problem solved!

innovative ideas created by members of the org on a daily basis. :thumbsup: I dunno how well or how long the tape will hold up, might want to find a better solution. maybe weld it on or something so u dont have to worry about the tape coming off.

You guys are a patient bunch...kudos :beerchug:
The minute I got a product like that, that needed that kind of denting/bending to fit, it would have been back in the box and returned pronto :laugh:

I have the same exhaust and from what i have heard (the exhaust came with the bike) there is a type of seal on the header that should be removed. I could be wrong but when ive have mine off it seemed to be correct.

Back