Rear Brake Res

gagesdad

Registered
I am posting this mainly because of the rear brake res on the gen1 Busa , prior to being a Busa owner I owned a TL1000R. I had purchased a great rear res made of billet aluminum for my TL. After changing brake lines for my Busa I found what a pain in the ass it was to bleed them, due to res location. If you are interested in looking into a different rear res for your bike, one that mounts directly to the rear master cylinder and looks great and comes in different colors. These fit the GEN 1 only as far as I know, I am on the list to get one, no ugly line running up into my fairing and no need to unbolt fairing to fill/bleed. I am not selling these or have any affiliating with this seller/maker but he has a great product. I will list link below, if it does not work you can look it up at tlplanet.com under group buys, billet rear res. The one thing I can tell you is that if you are wanting one tomorrow it probably wont happen, I am in the 70's for one of these but they are worth the wait. Just thought I would post this, they are nice and very clean.

Billet Rear Brake Reservoir TLR TLS BUSA - TLPlanet Forums

I have them on both of my Busa's

06.jpg

Looks really good and very clean lines ... the stock is a pain in the ass when they need to be accessed, this looks much better ... thanks for the heads up. :thumbsup:

A bunch of use have all ready bought them from Vandriver!

I have used both the straight, as well as the 45 degree one!

goldrearres.jpg

new stuff 008 (Small).jpg

Sexs%20on%20wheels%20080.jpg

Just had a conversation with rooster about this at the bash! I love mine (45 degree version for the Gillies) and especially not having I remove the tail! Got mine from Van! You'll never be unhappy with that rear setup!

still doesnt look any better to fill while bleeding the brake.I do like the look of it.Can you get it in a polished billet??

Are you kidding, the stock is up under the tail!!
still doesnt look any better to fill while bleeding the brake.I do like the look of it.Can you get it in a polished billet??

I just changed my rear line and didn't find the stock one that bad to be honest.. I used a long screwdriver to remove the cap, then stuck a longer funnel down between the cowl and the frame. Worked ok :dunno:

I dont have an issue with the stock one as well but that billet one looks trick and I think I will get one anyway.

I think they are going for $55.00 plus van has the spring seat as well as the spring for $12.00. I am not sure total shipped, I was told by Van that these will also fit gen 2 Busa's. I can not, will not complain about his work, I understand the need to stay with stock, but this res is much better. I prefer not to take my seat off and partial fairing to to bleed/fill my res.I am glad that there are riders on this site who have purchased from Van, The spring seat/spring worked excellent on my TL with Vortex rearsets. I understand Gilles are different,but I have not been able to change the busa's rearsets. Again for total pricing you would need to email/pm Van. I prefer not to be wrong on pricing, the link I provided and email that another rider provided should get the total pricing. The only thing I can guarantee, is that you will not be disappointed, the wait is worth it.

Back