I saw a Zx14 commercial last night

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
I wasn really paying attn to it until I heard 'not even the mighty Hayabusa can handle it' or something like that. But what I found strange was the whole commercial was centered around a drag strip and the Kawis outright power and speed. It didn't say anything about it comfort or ride ability only that it was faster basically than anything else in a 1/4 mile? Whatever happened to 'Kawisaki, let the good times roll!' with bikes cruising thru mountain roads? If there are a chain of commercials and others are like this ok but I just found it strange for them or anyone for that matter to be advertised a huge sport touring bike and show it at a drag strip. Yes granted it is fast there but I think should be a secondary to the primary of all the other 99 things it will do.

Would you rather they stated how much more comfortable it is in stock trim than the Busa?

How about how much better the bike looks with luggage?

How about how traction control and ABS would be safer for touring?

I don't think you want to hear ALL the reasons the big Ninja is better than our Busa in 30 sec... :banghead:

No I wouldnt and for sure they can't say it's got 200 plus Hp and unrestricted will run over 200 off the floor.
But it would seem they should highlight more of its abilities.

On a side note. Fords ad campaign on the new Shelby is touting it as the first American car to go 200mph off the showroom floor. Much literature I have says this and wants me to highlight this?

If they can do it for cars why not bikes?

I bet if it had a name as big as Shelby on it and Suzi had made as much of a contribution to the country as Carroll did they could get away with anything. Shelby took hand made American over to Europe and whipped the Italians and all else on their own turf. After that he was gold!

The zx14 still doesnt have one thing the busa has that will always make it superior....

Potential

And by potential I mean HP potential as well as modification potential.
No 14 will ever hold the records the busa does.
It is a fantastic bike for sure and I would definitely own one if I didnt already have my busa.

The zx14 still doesnt have one thing the busa has that will always make it superior....

Potential

And by potential I mean HP potential as well as modification potential.
No 14 will ever hold the records the busa does.
It is a fantastic bike for sure and I would definitely own one if I didnt already have my busa.

Too early to tell really. If the 14 had been around since '99, it would be a whole different story.

I wasn really paying attn to it until I heard 'not even the mighty Hayabusa can handle it' or something like that. But what I found strange was the whole commercial was centered around a drag strip and the Kawis outright power and speed. It didn't say anything about it comfort or ride ability only that it was faster basically than anything else in a 1/4 mile? Whatever happened to 'Kawisaki, let the good times roll!' with bikes cruising thru mountain roads? If there are a chain of commercials and others are like this ok but I just found it strange for them or anyone for that matter to be advertised a huge sport touring bike and show it at a drag strip. Yes granted it is fast there but I think should be a secondary to the primary of all the other 99 things it will do.
when the Busa was KING when was the last time you saw a Hayabusa commercial pointing to how comfortable it is or what the ride ability is? and what does KING refer to? it surely aint comfort and ride ability. its HORSEPOWER.

the 1/4 mile is the only real horsepower test to compare one bike against another. these arent liter bikes. there bikes that go fast in a straight line either in the 1/8th, 1/4 or LSR. anyone buying either of these bikes really doesnt want to hear about how comfortable it is or what the ride ability is. they want to know how FAST they are.

im sure when they actually have the bike in their possession they will surely want a bike the rides good and is comfortable but from an advertising perspective people want to know which bike is FASTER. rideability and comfort are subjective anyway. HORSEPOWER is not.

sure the Busa is listed as a touring bike but we all know that the Busa was and still is the king of 1/4 mile and LSR racing records at almost every track in the country. ppl who want a comfy bike look to by a Victory, Harley or a Goldwing. not a Busa or a ZX-14.

Brett I don't remember seeing any Busa commercials on tv like now.
That was back then and this is now. Times have changed and the world revolves around ads now so I can understand that. It just struck me as odd as I think many zx customers don't care how fast it is in the 1/4.
I didn't care how fast my Busa was in the quarter nor did I buy it for the top speed.
I bought it because it appealed to me and I fit on it. Like my 97 Zx11 after purchase I then learned it will do bullet speed and tame dragons :)
But both were bought for reasons other than the highlights.

Wow 97 zx11 that's old man :D to be honest let Kawasaki have there little victory dance. They spent many years trying to get the busa off the throne and now they finally did. I would also like to see if the Zx14 could get the 650hp that I have seen some busas.

I saw a Zx14 commercial last night - I have seen those commercials too.

My first thought was they are not comparing apples to apples.

So what is the point?

The gen 3 busa will be better :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Lets look at what the BUSA has done for motorcycling 1-First and only bike off the showroom floor to go over 190 mph.2-First 9 second QT.mile times.3-THE LARGEST AFTER MARKET PARTS OF ANY MOTORCYCLE OTHER THAN A HD.4-More speed records than any bike. How many 6 second Pro Street kaws are there? None! How many 300 Land speed Kaws are there? NONE!

The 14 is a better bike in every aspect, it is more comfy, more powerful, better suspension, (I like the green myself), I am happy with my new Busa and will keep it for some time, I will probably have a ZX 14 or a Connie before the end of this year though, I love ABS. I will say this though, Suzuki needs to step it up on all their bikes, Kawi is kicking their a$$ on development and rolling out good bikes with bells and whistles, they are more expensive though

The 14 is a better bike in every aspect, , they are more expensive though

I guess you missed that one - EVERY aspect, then you admitted that they are more expensive. I guess you can't
have your cake and eat it too. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Oh and by the way, every aspect not so. The Busa gets better gas mileage. :rofl:

Most people that buy the Hayabusa & ZX14R buy em for the speed and performance, so yes the selling point is
S P E E D!!!!!
Hate to burst your bubble but the ZX14R is the King Of Hyper Bikes. Accept it.

Back